August 6, 2009

This Week

This week hasn't really offered up anything too exciting, but because my last post didn't include any pictures of Westin, I got a bit of grief from my dad and brother and was asked to only post about him from now on. While I won't guarantee that Westin will be in EVERY post (does anyone care about me or Ryan any more?), I will certainly try to get pictures up of him as often as I can.

So this week...

Westin took most of his morning naps in his carseat after falling asleep on the way home from the gym each morning. Looks like the gym is exhausting for the both of us. Ryan didn't come home until 10 p.m. most nights.

My little brother Trevor came over to babysit a couple mornings while I did some work calls.
Westin hung out with Megan and Eli while I did some more work calls.

Westin learned to turn the faucet on in the bathtub (a.k.a the sink) and thinks putting his hand in the falling water is the coolest thing ever. Since I couldn't take a picture of him while giving him a bath, I took this one of him in his mouse towel.
While still not crawling, Westin's ability to move around the apartment has increased tenfold, opening a whole new world of shiny knobs and electronics (don't worry, getting a baby gate to go in front of our TV and bookshelves is on the top of my to-do list).

Westin has also figured out that he can now follow Ryan and me around the apartment. Sometimes it takes a while as he tries to figure out which way to roll, but no matter how long it takes, he manages to find us. This was him trying to make his way over to the kitchen. As you can see here, he often gets stuck under chairs or couches.

W is also getting better at smiling at the camera without me making him laugh.
We also went to the mall and hung out at the pet store where they had dozens of dogs to look at. Westin seemed to enjoy it and I think this will become a frequent hang out spot for us as he gets older.

We missed playgroup on Tuesday because I had to work, so Megan and I took the boys to the pool on Thursday. We didn't think about taking pictures until we were about to leave... and I think it was pretty clear to us that if we're going to take pictures it needs to happen when we first get there. They just weren't having it.
At one point, when the boys were sitting next to each other, Westin started making his grunting noises, and then Eli would make grunting noises back to him. It was like they were having a conversation. I wish I could have gotten it on camera.

So that's been our week. See, nothing too exciting, but lots of pictures of Westin - so no complaining.

1 comment:

Megan said...

i loved eli and westin's "boy talk" at the pool. and next time we are totally going to have to record it. it was too funny!