August 3, 2009

BreAnne's Baby Shower

This weekend I was able to help throw a baby shower for my dear friend BreAnne (who is married to Ryan's high school buddy, Trevor). She's due in one month and we're so excited to meet their little guy - Nathan (Nate) Thomas Kavanagh. Trevor's aunt was kind enough to let us host the baby shower at her home in Westlake. BreAnne is actually in my mom's old ward, so it was nice to see some familiar faces as well as meet lots of the Kavanagh family.

The cute mommy-to-be

After everyone arrived we started off with a couple games that Trevor's sister, Tara, put together. Everyone had a great time trying to guess BreAnne's tummy size, which features of mom and dad she wants the baby to have, and celebrity baby names.
After the games, we served lunch. Trevor's aunt has a friend who used to have her own catering business, so she put together a lot of the food for us. It was not only delicious, it looked gorgeous too... just take a look at this salad!
The full spread

BreAnne received so many great gifts, including several homemade items that make me a little depressed that I'm not more talented.

BreAnne and family

The shower turned out lovely and I was so happy to have been a part of it. With all the baby gear ready to go, I think BreAnne is going to get into full nesting mode. Just one month left and we'll finally be able to meet Westin's new little bud!

2 comments:

Erin C said...

I wish I could have been there! It looks like you guys had fun! Great job Court!

Jason and Tawni said...

You go girl! Everything looks fabulous as it always does whenever you have a hand in something. Only a month to go until Westin gets a new little pal, how fun!!!