August 16, 2009

East and West Meet Again

Last Thursday Westin and I drove down to Huntington Beach for the afternoon to see my good friend Allie and her family. She and her whole family were in town for the week and were kind enough to let Westin and me crash their family vacation. They were staying at a super nice hotel right across from the beach - it had three different pool areas, one of which was a kiddie pool. So when Westin and I arrived we headed straight to the pool with the gang. Of course Westin and Easton were stoked to see each other again. They started talking and catching up right away. (That may have been just Allie and me, but the boys did seem happy to see each other.)

Easton and Westin soakin' in the sun
We spend the afternoon lounging in the kiddie pool and even took the boys on the waterslide. I was totally expecting to get some kind of reaction from Westin and I got nothing. Apparently the slide I took him on wasn't anything to get excited or scared about.

It was so great to see Allie and her family. Her other two boys, Jackson (4) and Creighton (2), are getting so big. It's hard to believe that the girl I used to ride bikes with in 6th grade, while singing "Wild Thing" (inside thing), has THREE kids! I know I say it a lot, but it truly is amazing how quickly time passes. Just makes me realize how much I need to appreciate the "now".
Thanks again for a fun afternoon Evers and Henderson! Until next time...

1 comment:

The Evers Family said...

Thanks for the post. Made me smile when I thought about our bike ride. Things definitely were simpler back then! Thanks for making the drive to see us!