August 31, 2009

Ryan's Vacation & Our Week

Last week Ryan was in Denver for about 5 days. He initially decided to go up for his friend's wedding over the weekend, and then extended the trip through Wednesday to hang out in Boulder with his older brother, Trevor. Of course, I didn't get any pictures from Ryan, so these pictures are courtesy of his friend Gary. Here are a few highlights.

They all arrived Saturday and crammed into this van and headed to the ski resort where Phil was getting married the next day. This picture includes: Erin, Ryan, Kevin (back left) and Jake (back right). Also riding in the van were Chase, Jacque and Mike.


Saturday night was the pre-wedding dinner and then Sunday was the wedding and reception. These are a few pictures from the reception... clearly a very enthusiastic bunch of wedding goers.
Kevin, Chase, Ryan, Gary, Mike, Jake and the bride, Kristin

Apparently Ryan and Chase pulled a couple classic pranks on the other guys. I won't go into detail about what they were, just in case Ryan wants to use them again someday... but I think this next picture captures him devising those pranks before he and Chase pulled them off later that night.
Gary, Jacque, Ryan, Phil (the groom) and Chase

On Monday, Ryan met up with Trevor. Their adventures includes golfing, river rafting and a Dodgers v. Rockies game. Here's one picture from the game I was able to get off Trevor's facebook. They had awesome seats - right behind the Rockies dugout. This is Manny at bat right before hitting a homerun that could have won the game but McDonald (our closer) blew that for us in the 10th.
While Ryan was enjoying life in Denver, Westin and I were battling the heat in LA. It was unbearably hot last week and I'm hoping that today will bring a little relief. The week was pretty quiet for us, so here are just a few random pictures.
This is what our family room looks like everyday, all day. It's getting even worse now that Westin is crawling and takes items with him from room to room.

I had to snap a picture of this. How on earth does one sleep with one's butt up in the air?

Friday night we went to a work BBQ at one of the partner's homes from Ryan's office. Then on Saturday, Ryan and I went to the temple while Westin stayed with our friends the Elton's. After the temple, we all went to dinner in Venice on the boardwalk. Here's Westin and his buddy, Eli.

I apologize for the lack of detail toward the end here, but I hear Westin and have to cut this short.

3 comments:

April said...

He is so adorable...and crawling!!! So fun. I think every stage gets a little bit better. Everybody's family room looks like that (at least mine does!) :)

Beth said...

My mom was sleeping with her butt up in the air the other night! We were in Hoboken and I woke up and looked over and she was totally just like that! hahaha so funny!

Megan said...

i had to comment cause eli seriously sleeps like that too! i have always wanted to get a picture of it, but havent yet... but totally smiled when i saw westin doing the same thing!