August 16, 2009

Enjoying the Summer Days

We've had some perfect summer days this past week, which made Ryan and me want to spend as much time outside as possible this weekend. It had been a busy work week for Ryan last week (what's new), so when he finally emerged from his office on Friday, he took Westin outside for some father and son time.


That evening we had dinner with Nate and Abby at Cheesecake Factory (I know, I know, we need to get a little more adventurous.) Then on Saturday, after I took Westin to his friend's birthday party (see post below), we drove up to Valencia for the afternoon. We dropped Westin off for the afternoon with Grandpa and Grandma Rich and Ryan and I met up with some friends to go wake boarding on Castaic Lake. I had only been once before (didn't get up) and was determined to at least get up this time. Unfortunately, my camera died right as we got in the water, so I don't have any pictures. Ugh!
-
We had had such a great time, and I actually got up on my first try this time! I didn't stay up long, but I was able to get up pretty much each try and was so proud of myself. Ryan has been before and did a great job. After everyone had a chance to go wake boarding, we brought out the innertube... Oh man, not sure why I thought this would be a good idea. Our driver, Trevor K's dad, was a maniac. Within 5 minutes of our tube ride, the three of us girls were crying "mercy" and wanted to get off. (Ugh, so mad we didn't have a camera. I'm sure pictures of this would have been priceless). Even the boys said they were getting nervous for us. Not kidding, thought I was going to die. Then the boys got their chance to ride. And what would a day on the lake be without someone getting hurt? 10 seconds into Trevor and Ryan's ride on the tube, Ryan flipped over onto Trevor and Trevor flipped off into the water. At some point during that collision, Trevor hurt his arm pretty bad. Luckily it wasn't anything too serious, but enough to call it a day.
-
After the lake, we picked up Westin and headed to dinner with the gang before driving back home to collapse into bed. Ryan and I woke up today feeling like we were 80-years-old. We are so sore from yesterday. What happened to the days when our bodies were unbreakable?
Anyway, today we kept it low key and stayed home after church. Ryan worked on some business school applications while Westin and I played outside. He has recently discovered the grass... and big surprise, tries to shove it into his mouth.

1 comment:

Erika said...

I can't wait to see you guys! -- and I love those pictures of W and Ryan.