August 26, 2009

Look Who's Crawling

Big news - Westin is crawling!!! He's been trying to move on his own since the day we put him on his stomach and he started doing his fish-out-of-water move (which you'll see again in the video). Finally this past weekend he started to put everything together. Right before Ryan and I left, Westin was only moving his arms and one knee forward. At that point, he'd just plop on his belly and give up. Then when I brought him home yesterday and put him on the floor, he immediately got on his hands and knees and started moving. He's still a little shaky, but he's getting better. Tonight I went in our bedroom while Westin was out in the family room and he followed me all the way in there. Looks like I've got a new shadow.

Another quick note - I think Westin is getting MORE teeth. I took him into the doctor on Friday (took him a little early since we'll be gone around his 9 months) and she said he's working on his pre-molars! She didn't think they'd be breaking through for a little while longer, but today he acted very clinging and fussy like he did when he was teething before - so I think they're coming. As for his stats: he's 20.65 lbs and 28 inches.

5 comments:

Megan said...

way to go westin! that is pretty awesome. and yes, you will totally have a little follower around the house now. anyways, see you on friday!

Jason and Tawni said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Great video girl, Westin is a pro-crawler! He is such a Carlston by the way, don't tell Ryan that I can't see an ounce of his side of the family in Westin.

We need to chat about SLC and Laguna, call me when you get a free moment!

Love you!

Krissy said...

He's sooo cute!!!

steph said...

I LOVE the fish move! But then I was blown away when he immediately changed plan and crawled -- fast! That's so exciting!

BreAnne Kavanagh said...

Oh my gosh he's on all fours! He's so cute Court! I miss you guys and hope that Ryan is feeling better. We're excited for Nate and Westin to meet next week. Call me and let me know what will work for you.