August 9, 2009

EIGHT Months

Westin hit 8 months on Saturday. I don't have any physical stats to share because he won't be going to the doctor again until 9 months, but I can say with confidence (based on a few extra rolls here and there) that he's definitely put on some weight. Westin is SOOOO active these days (which makes me wonder how he puts on any weight at all). He is ALWAYS moving. It doesn't matter if he's sitting, standing or being held - if he's not sleeping, he's moving some part of his body and wearing me out. I can't imagine what it will be like when he starts walking. Here are some other fun facts about Westin at 8 months:

-His favorite fruit is bananas and his favorite veggies are sweet potatoes and squash
-He's starting to prefer real food over baby food (remember, this kid has got EIGHT teeth)
-He's sleeping 10-11 hours at night (FINALLY!!!)
-He's also taking two, two hour naps each day (AMAZING)
-He loves to stand up (he has to hold on to someone's hands or be propped against the couch)
-He loves to bounce when he's standing up
-He can get into the crawling position from the sitting position, but has not figured out how to actually move from there
-If we have to wake him up from a nap, he immediately smiles when he opens his eyes and sees us (my favorite thing)
-He's seriously so happy all the time (well, unless he's hungry or tired... but no one is happy when they're hungry or tired)
-He says "da-da" all the time (I'm trying to teach him "ma-ma", but no luck yet)

I think that's about all the highlights for now. Time is flying... one year is just around the corner!

No comments: