I just arrived to my hotel in Charlotte. It was a long day of flying to get out here for one day of work tomorrow and I already miss Ryan and Westin. Ryan is in Denver at the moment, attending his friend's wedding and will then be spending a couple days with his brother Trevor on some exciting adventures. Westin is with my dad and Loni, experiencing all the joys of being the first and only grandchild. What on earth will he do when there's another one?
Anyway, as I was sitting here going through my emails, I came across one from my mom with an article link in it. The article (which is actually just a few stories from moms) is called, "What Our Kids Teach Us About Happiness." Needing a quick pick-me-up, I took the few minutes to read through it and was glad I did. It made me smile and reminded me how much Westin, even at his young age, teaches me about happiness. The article starts off with this short story...
"One day, on my way home from a run of errands gone bad, I swung by to pick up my son, Nate, then 8, who'd been playing at a friend's house. While he chattered about the fun he'd had, my mind churned through all I'd failed to get done. "Will Dad be home for dinner?" he asked. "Think so," I said. "Great! What are we having?" he asked. Good question. "Uh, how about macaroni and cheese?" I replied. A deep sigh of contentment came from the backseat. "I love my life," Nate said. His words were like a mood defibrillator. My son's simple satisfaction lifted me straight out of my autopilot loop of worry and let me see my life with fresh appreciation: I was driving down a beautiful mountain road on a glorious summer's day with my wonderful son, with the prospect of a cozy family dinner at home — I loved my life, too!"
I love my life, too!!!
Read the other 11 aha! moments here:
http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/family-fun-budget/articlerb.aspx?cp-documentid=19937420
August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love my life too!! And I'm so glad you are part of it :) Cute Post Court! Thanks for lunch today. xoxo
Post a Comment