July 16, 2009

Playgroup at the Pool

This week we decided to switch our playgroup meeting place to the pool instead of the park, and it was a brilliant idea. I think we'll be making this the permanent playgroup spot for the summer. This pool is particularly great because it has a gradual slope from the shallow end to the deep end, so our little ones were able to sit and splash.

We tried to get a group picture, but it was basically impossible to get the kids to look at the camera. This was at the end of the day, so I think they were all a little tired and ready to go home. Also, take a look at Westin... apparently his mom hasn't taught him how to share (I have four pictures of the group of them and in every one of them Westin is trying to take Eli's food.)
Gabby, Isabelle, Westin and Eli

A close up of the theif in action

Isabelle and Westin
Westin just livin' it up
This week we also visited my mom. She and Kenzie just returned from New York and they were so sweet to bring home a present for Westin. They got him a fireman puppet from FAO Schwarz. It's so cute and I totally forgot to take a picture of it. However, I did manage to snap this one of Westin looking at his new fire truck bib they got him. He was totally diggin' the trucks.
Westin and I have also been working on his pre-crawling exercises :) Here he is practicing getting on all fours.

I had to help get him in this position for the picture, but shortly after I took this picture, he was able to get in this position on his own from a regular sitting position. What a quick learner.

3 comments:

BreAnne Kavanagh said...

What a fun playgroup! Westin is going to have a lot of good friends...i hope Nate is as lucky:) We had a lot of fun with you guys last Saturday. What are you guys up to this weekend..we still owe the boys a beating in knock!

Erika said...

No way he can get up on all fours! Last time I saw him he could barely sit up.

Get him out here and let me see the little guy.

Jason and Tawni said...

I'm sure people who read my blog wonder why every picture is of us at the splash pad/pool. But if they were living in 105 degree weather they would realize that it is the only way to survive the heat! I agree with you, making the switch from the park to the pool is a must. And it looks like you guys had a blast! Westin is so grown up, I can't even believe that he is sitting up and crawling around. I feel like he should still be laying around and not doing such big boy things! Atleast I get to see him in September!!!!!!! (oh, and you of course.)