July 22, 2009

Almost There

Westin is working really hard these days to figure out how to move around. He's really good at rolling around the room to get to places, and will also push himself up on his arms to turn himself in another direction. As we were playing yesterday, he kept rolling over to the couch and getting stuck. I tried to get a good picture of it because it was pretty funny, but every time I held up the camera, Westin would stop and pose for me. Seriously, the second the camera went up, he'd lift his head up and turn to face the camera.

It has also been pretty hot this week, so in the afternoons I let him hang out naked. He loves it.

Westin has also been experimenting with trying to get on all fours. If he wants a toy that is out of his reach, he gets in to this position...
However, this is about as far as he gets because he hasn't quite figured out what to do with his legs. So when he puts both arms out for the toy, he does a face-plant. He's also been pushing his legs up when he's laying on his stomach, so that his butt sticks out in the air. I think we're seeing the pre-crawling stages. Yay!
And just one more picture, because who doesn't love a baby hanging out in his diaper?

1 comment:

Jason and Tawni said...

I am all about the diaper only during these freaking hot days. Too bad it's a little less modest on girls. But hey, I am the only one seeing those tah-tahs so it's not like I am taking her to Target without a shirt on.

Westin is darling! I need to see him in person again!!!