Well, we did try to live it up this weekend and it pretty much wiped me out... but it was totally worth it!
On Friday night, Ryan went out for a guys' night with friends from school. Meanwhile, I was hangin' with these two adorable kids, making pizza and watching Tangled.
Ryan strolled in somewhere around the 1 a.m. hour. He was then up for a 7:30 a.m. round of golf. Pretty sure he was regretting that one when his alarm went off at 6:30.
Westin and I spent the morning together hanging out and then he was off to Jersey's house in the evening while Ryan and I had separate dates with our friends :) He went to the Dodgers' game with Trevor and Adam, and I went to the Glee concert with some girlfriends. Pretty sure I had the better night on Saturday!
My friend Tamara got the tickets and was kind enough to invite all of us to take part in the Glee-mania. I love the Glee fans. They are so into the show and made the concert a lot of fun with all their energy.
So we started the evening with dinner at LA Live right next to the Staples Center.
Then it was off to the concert where The League of Extraordinary dancers opened up for Glee. I had no idea they would be performing and I was so excited because several of the dancers were on So You Think You Can Dance - and I'm a HUGE fan of the show.
Sarah, Bonnie, Shalice, Tamara, me and Natalie
I was so excited to see Twitch perform. He had been one of my favorites on the show.
While waiting for the real show to start, we had a couple celeb sightings. The first was this handsome fellow, who sat two rows in front of us.
In between watching the dancers and staring at my friend Dylan, we spotted Bradley Whitford (you know, the actor from West Wing, Happy Gilmore, Studio 60).
The real show got started around 9, and was an hour and a half of nonstop entertainment. It was so high energy. We were up dancing pretty much the entire time. We loved the mix of songs they did - pop, rock, showtunes, rap, oldies... in fact, I think we were the only row of girls singing along to Jessie's Girl with Fynn. Haha. I felt so old.
The party continued after we left...
Even getting home around midnight, I was still full of energy and couldn't sleep. I ended up watching TV and not going to bed until 1ish. I shortly regretted that decision when Westin was up at 6:30 (the boy never sleeps in!). Luckily, I got to go back to sleep around 8 when Ryan got up. That extra hour saved the day for me.
We finished Sunday with another late night at Ryan's parent's house, where we had my birthday dinner (yes, my birthday was a few weeks ago, but we like to celebrate all month around here) and watched the latest Harry Potter movie. Rick and Connie made my favorite Rich meal and this amazing double chocolate cake with cream filling.
Amazing.
Today was spent at the beach and a bbq with friends. Best way to spend Memorial Day, if you ask me. Those pictures will come later. Right now, I have to get to bed or I won't make it through the week.

















6 comments:
Look at you, all young and livin' la vida loca!! You go girl!! I was exhausted just reading it all, but it looks like you had a super fun time!!
Jeal. Ous.
Random question... did someone get proposed to while you were eating dinner on Saturday night?
Not that I was aware of... why do you ask?
Right after I had read your blog last night, one of my friends on tour came in the office and was telling me all about her friend whose boyfriend finally proposed, and it was at his favorite restaurant, LA Live, right next to the Staples center, and it was so funny because he didn't realize there was a glee concert and the restaurant was full of moms and daughters.
No way. Wow. It was probably at The Farm or Wolfgang... one of the nicer restaurants. We were just at Lawry's Carvery.
Post a Comment