May 16, 2011

While the Cat's Away

This past weekend Ryan took a guy's trip to St. George to play golf with a bunch of friends. They left Thursday night, so it was just the dubs and me for the weekend. Friday we had a fun playdate with Emily & Charlie in the morning, then took a stroll over to the mall in the afternoon where Westin played with puppies and climbed all over the playground. What a life!

After he was in bed, it was time for MY fun! As a belated birthday celebration, some friends wanted to have a girls' night. With Ryan being out of town, I was kind of stuck at my place, so they brought the party to me and it was so much fun. We ate yummy food, got our eye brows waxed, caught up on the latest Hollywood gossip, painted our nails, and even had the Justin Bieber movie playing in the background. Truly a girls' night, right?

Loni, Tamara and Kimber

Birthday cheers with Shalice and Bonnie (A&W, of course)

My first time EVER getting my eye brows waxed

Blowing out my invisible birthday candles ;)

Our lovely pedicures

The gals: Kimber, Tamara, Loni, me, Shalice, Bonnie and Natalie
We stayed up until 12:30 chatting, and I didn't even get tired and go to bed until 1:30. I never do that. It was so fun. I was utterly exhausted the next day, but it was totally worth it.

Since it was a very late night, I thought a morning movie for Saturday would be the perfect place to lay low for a couple hours. Bonnie and Audrey joined us for Rio. This was actually Westin's first time seeing a movie in the theater and he did great. He sat perfectly still for the first half of the movie, then started moving around a little during the second half. But even then, he was still watching and enjoying the movie. 

Outside the theater, watching the water fountain - just so happy and content. I heart this picture!

Burning off a little sugar from the movie snacks

And how was Ryan's weekend? Well, from what I hear, they had a great time. A couple late nights of their own, as well as some nice rounds of golf.



1 comment:

BreAnne Kavanagh said...

What a fun weekend you had! I'm so glad you posted some pics of the boys, I hadn't seen any...so I may be copying those :) We have to plan another play day before Paige arrives!