May 20, 2011

Happy Anniversary To Us!

Six years. Can you believe that? Six years ago today, Ryan and I were married in the Los Angeles Temple. What an incredibly happy day that was! I've heard some people say they don't remember much about their wedding day. I remember just about everything (much of that is thanks to my mom who dealt with all the stress so I didn't have to - thank you, mom).

It was a day of absolute happiness. I distinctly remember the overwhelming feeling of joy I felt when I walked into our sealing room and saw our family and friends awaiting us with smiles (and a few tears). I remember how I couldn't stop smiling the minute Ryan and I joined hands to walk outside the temple for the first time as husband and wife (I was also smiling so much because he looked so dang good in a tux!). I remember the traffic we got stuck in leaving the temple on the 405. I remember Mandy and Cole's speeches (Mandy's will go down as an all-time best maid of honor speech). I remember the reception room and the incredible setting on the lake. I remember our guests - what lucky people Ryan and I for such wonderful and supportive friends and family. I remember the food. I remember the cake. I remember our first dance. I remember my daddy-daughter dance ("My Girl" - we had it choreographed). I remember throwing the bouquet. I remember saying goodbye to everyone as the night ended.

It was a GREAT day. 

That day changed my life. Ryan changed my life. It's hard to explain, but once I knew that I was going to marry Ryan, I felt such incredible peace and comfort. I knew it was right. I'm so grateful for Ryan and for our eternal marriage.

So today we celebrate that wonderful, blissful day six years ago. Happy anniversary to us!

1 comment:

The Evers Family said...

Wish I could have been there. :(

Happy Anniversary you guys!