Sunday was just a lounge day. We took a nice walk in the morning, went to church, had dinner and ate birthday cake. Grandma kept Westin entertained most of the day with her "tent". Westin thought it was so cool to hide from me. I'd yell out, "Westin, where did you go?" and before I could even start looking, he'd pop his head out and say, "I'm right here, mom."
On my birthday, my mom and I spent a few hours at Third Street shopping and dining, while Westin stayed home with a babysitter. And can I just say, shopping is such a different experience without a child. It was glorious.
Then on Tuesday we headed to Disneyland before my mom left that night. While it was wickedly hot, the park wasn't very crowded so we were able to walk on to just about every ride and cool off quickly. Westin was so excited to take grandma to Disneyland. He had been asking to go just about every day for a week prior to her visit.
Walking out the door, all ready to go.
The token Disneyland entrance photo
Headed down Main Street
Such cool dudes
Since there were minimal crowds, we finally got to ride Peter Pan. This ride always has the longest line, so I usually avoid it. I'm so glad we finally got to go this time. It's such a cute ride.
Taking a little ice cream break, courtesy of grandma
Such a peaceful moment
We were able to get on all the rides we wanted to and still got grandma to the airport on time. It was a wonderful birthday. Thank you for coming to visit and spoiling us (me) this weekend. We miss you already!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment