May 13, 2011

Weekend Getaway

Not sure what happened, but this entire post got deleted. So here's a re-do:

Last Friday Ryan had a school event in San Francisco, so Westin and I tagged along for the weekend to spend time with cousins. Ryan's brother lives in Danville, just east of the city. While Ryan was gone on Friday, Westin and I spent the day with Jan and the kids. Westin was so excited to see his cousins. In fact, when we arrived late Thursday night, Westin woke up and immediately asked to see his cousins. Wide awake and ready to play, he kept saying, "where are my cousins? I want to see my cousins." After a hundred, "ssshhh" from Ryan and me, we finally got him back to sleep. The next morning the first words out of his mouth, "Where are my cousins?" So you get the point. He was happy to be there.

Westin and Emery playing around the house. Both had to have bags on their arms (I won't call them purses... even though that's clearly what they were) and a water bottle.

Taking a break to eat Cheerios

Later that day at the park with Delaney

Delaney teaching Westin a few gymnastic moves. This is Westin's version of a back bend - just the opposite direction.

Taking a ride with Emery on the playground set

That night Miranda and her friend watched the kids while the adults went to the Giants game. It was freezing cold, but Doug scored us some great seats (which actually blocked the wind a bit) and what night without kids isn't fun?

The next day we were able to watch Grant play in his little league baseball game. Westin watched intently for about the first five minutes, repeatedly asking if he could play. After that window of time, he was off following Delaney around everywhere she went.

I basically had babysitters around all weekend!

Westin and Grant

That afternoon we hit up another park nearby. Poor Delaney looks like she's had enough spinning...

And with a 12 year old in the house, that meant the adults got a SECOND night out. After we put the kids to bed, we saw Something Borrowed and grabbed frozen yogurt.

Sunday was Mother's Day, of course. We went to church with the gang and had a delightful dinner prepared by Doug and Jan. After dinner it was time to head home. Weekends always go by so quickly, especially when you're having as much fun as we did.

And BTW - how lucky am I do be this little dude's mom? 

I can't believe this picture was taken only a year ago. This is like a whole different kid - still bald and still my little baby, and now I have a little boy (or big boy, as Westin would correct me). It's amazing how time flies.

I probably don't say it enough, especially in the midst of this terrible twos stage, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this job. It's way harder than I ever imagined, but I wouldn't trade motherhood for the world. 


My favorite moments with Westin right now are when we sing together before naps and bed. He used to just ask me to sing him a song, but now he sings with me. His most requested songs are, I Am a Child of God and You Are My Sunshine. He knows all the verses. It makes me heart melt every time. 


Westin, I love you, bud!

1 comment:

The Evers Family said...

So cute. Love when the kids sing. So sweet. You're such a good mommy.