May 17, 2011

The Perfect Pasta & Strawberry Avocado Salsa

I came across this Bon Appetite article recently about how to make the perfect pasta. I don't make pasta a lot, so most of this was new to me. Those of you who are pasta connoisseur probably already know how these tips can dramatically change your pasta dish. I discovered this tonight when making a wonderful Quinoa Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes (another Bon Appetite recipe). I only did two things different - used a little oregano instead of marjoram and added zucchini to the sauteed tomatoes.






I also made this Strawberry Avocado Salsa from Cooking Light for our girls' night this past weekend. Definitely one I'll be making again.

2 comments:

Megan said...

mmm... this pasta sounds delish. the olive oil/parm/veggies is my usual... but i dont think i've ever made one with spinach so i'm definitely trying this. by the way, i had no idea they made quinoa pasta.... do you just get that at a normal grocery store?

Sarah said...

Saw the salsa and had to try it immediately- it was delicious.