June 1, 2011

Memorial Day

A day at the beach, following by a BBQ with friends - we couldn't have had a more perfect Memorial Day. The best part of the holiday was that Ryan took the entire day off from studying! I'm sure it was a much needed break for him, but I may have enjoyed it even more than he did.

We started the day off by joining some friends at Playa Vista beach

Westin and Nicholas shoveling sand (I'd like to say they were digging or building a castle, but it was really just shoveling the sand into a bucket and then dumping it out.)

More sand shoveling

Paige and me

Trevor and Ryan

Ben, Will, Abe and Westin

And when playing in the sand got boring, there was always climbing on the stroller and yelling with tongues hanging out to keep the kids busy


After a great day at the beach, we headed to Tamara and Doug's house for a BBQ.

Westin and Abe attempting to take turns at the slide - looks like Westin is getting a little impatient


Westin found his way inside at one point and enjoyed a little R&R on the boys' couch

If the time ever comes, I'm not sure how I'll ever be able to say goodbye to California. I love it here.

No comments: