June 16, 2011

He Cracks Me Up

Westin is at such a fun (and funny) stage in his life. Just about everything he says these days puts a smile on my face...


Lately, I've been saving the day. (Not sure if you knew I could do that. I can.) In fact, according to Westin, I saved the day three times yesterday. The first is when I filled up the car with gas. I got back in the car and Westin said, "Yay, mom. You saved the day!". The second was after I parked the car to go swimming. Again he said, "You saved the day". And the third was later that evening when I got him out of his bath. It's nice to know I don't have to be a real superhero who saves people from burning buildings or fights my arch nemesis to save the day. Apparently I can save the day by doing mom stuff!


This past week, Westin has developed some kind of condition where, out of nowhere, he can't move. We'll be walking down the stairs or to the car and suddenly he'll stop dead in his tracks and say, "Mom, I can't move." I'll plead with him to keep walking, but he refuses and continues to say, "I can't move." He doesn't ask for me to carry him (which I, of course, end up doing anyway), but simple insists he can't move another inch... and he doesn't. I have no idea where this came from.


Westin's favorite bedtime song is, "I Am a Child of God." He requests it every nap and every night before bed. I try to sing other songs, but he'll stop me and say, "Child of God, mom." Once I get through both verses of "I Am a Child of God" can I sing another song.


When talking about seeing his friends, Westin will always include that friend's mom's name in our conversation. For example, yesterday I told Westin we were going to the park with Jersey. He immediately said, "and Jen (her mom)." He does this with everyone. It's so cute.


Westin has started to learn the difference between boys and girls... only that there are boys and there are girls. (We have no need to rush into why they are different yet). So he'll go around saying if you're a "big girl" or "big boy." "Big" always goes in front.


In the last couple of months Westin has started to adore babies. While we were in San Diego, he repeatedly asked to hold his cousin Aspen. Sunday at church, he spent most of Sacrament meeting waving to and watching a little baby girl behind us. Today at lunch he kept walking up to my friend's baby and saying hi and waving his hand about 1 inch from the baby's face.


With Ryan gone during the week, I'm getting a lot of one-on-one time with W... it's a good thing he keeps life so entertaining ;)

1 comment:

Megan said...

westin is too cute and so funny. i love his personality.