June 24, 2011

DIY Project #3

After a grueling two nights of measuring, cutting, pinning, sewing, and spray painting, I've finished my third DIY project. I had ordered this fabric without realizing it is chenille - which means it's thick and the ends shed  like crazy. Kind of my nightmare - both because it creates a huge mess and because it's a little trickier to sew (in my opinion). Anyway, once it was ordered and shipped, there was no turning back. So on Monday night I broke out my sewing machine (which I've had since college and haven't used since then), wiped off the dust and got to work.
-
The bench cover is by no means perfect. In fact, when you come over, please don't look at it too closely. The lines are not perfect and the seam I had to sew by hand is kind of atrocious. But, I got through it and I'm generally very happy.
-
Here's the original bench and cover (minus the padded cushion).
-
Finished cushion with unpainted bench
-
And the final product

5 comments:

Brit Warner said...

That turned out great! Nice job!

Paige said...

Seriously awesome! A huge improvement

Megan said...

courtney! it looks AWESOME! seriously its so cute.

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

You are AMAZING!!! It turned out wonderfully:) You have a gift, my dear:)

Jason and Tawni said...

Love it Court! Jealous that you can sew!