June 14, 2011

Life Lately

Ryan is officially done with his first year of business school. I can't believe how quickly it flew by. It was this time last year that we moved in. What a difference a year makes. Westin wasn't very good at walking up the stairs without help, his hair was still as short as the day he was born (ok, slightly longer), and he was only saying a few words here and there. A year later, he's a master at the stairs (doesn't even use the railing anymore), I've had to trim his hair several times to keep it under control, and he talks non-stop. I love it! He's such a little boy. Everything about him makes me happy. 

Like when he practically plants his face into the dirt to look at the ants...

Or when he walks around Barnes and Noble with a little backpack saying, "Bye mom. I'm going to school."

Or when he starts to laugh hysterically from an ice war with Eli at Cafe Rio 

And even just watching him spend time with his friends makes me smile
It just doesn't get much better than hangin' with Dub. (Just add Ryan to the equation and I'm on cloud 9).

And the latest news is that Ryan has already started his summer job (oh yeah, did I mention he got one!). He's working for a real estate investment firm in San Diego. Not the easiest commute from LA, so thanks to my amazing cousin Camber, it will be a breeze. Ryan will be staying with Camber and her family throughout the week, while Westin and I stay in West LA. On the weekends we'll take turns going back and forth. Camber has an amazing home in Rancho Santa Fe, which is only about 25 minutes from Ryan's office. 

Westin and I drove down with Ryan on Sunday night to get him settled in and to be there for his first day. Everything is off to a good start and I think this job will be a great experience for him. I'm not super stoked about not seeing him Monday through Friday, but luckily the job is only about 8-10 weeks.

While Ryan was at work Monday and Tuesday, Westin and I got to spend some time with my cousin and her family. 

Westin and little Kelsi (named after her aunt Kelsi who was also in town) watching a little morning TV.

My other cousin, Camber's little sister Kelsi, was in town with her brand new baby, Aspen. Westin was super cute around her and kept asking to hold her. Ugh, my heart melts!

When the big kids got home from school, Westin was in heaven. Lea and Jacob were so great with Westin. Jacob even tried to teach Westin how to play lacrosse, and Westin quickly became obsessed.

For the rest of Monday and all Tuesday morning we were there, this is what Westin was doing. He even asked if he could sleep with "his" stick.

In addition to playing with all the cousins, I got a little time to enjoy this view...
Yeah, so we're certainly lovin' our new summer home!

1 comment:

The Evers Family said...

Congrats to Ryan on the job. Good luck on the single mom thing though. Call anytime if you need a pep talk. Jk, if anyone can do it, you can.