April 10, 2011

Weekend with Westin

Since Thursday morning Ryan has been in NYC for an LDS Business School Conference. It sounds like he's had a good mix of work and pleasure. The conference was really only Saturday, with a Mets game that night. So Friday and Sunday he's been able to spend with friends and family enjoying the city. We're excited to have him back tonight.

While he's been gone, Westin and I have been enjoying movie nights and spending time with friends. Movies this weekend included Toy Story 3, Monster's Inc., and Tangled. I also watched a couple on Netflix, both of which I don't recommend (Eat, Pray, Love and When in Rome. Yawn.)

In the middle of the week, we had taken a trip to Target to get Westin his big boy potty and underwear. I forgot to post this picture of Westin and his buddy Nicholas taking a water break after running through the store.  

On Thursday, after taking Ryan to the airport, we spent the morning at the park with our friends. That evening we went to Harper's new place in Topanga Canyon for a girls' night. I forgot my camera and am SO mad I did because Westin got to feed horses and play with Harper's cute pug, Stewie. He might have had as good of a night as us girls did dining on Mexican food and homemade apple pie!

Then on Friday we had a boys' playdate with our friends the Ames and the Cordons. The boys get along pretty well and at this moment, every single child was perfectly content playing by themselves.

After some play time and lunch, we decorated egg and flower-shaped Rice Krispie treats.

Once I told Westin he couldn't have any more Rice Krispie treats (since he would decorate one and then immediately eat it), he went for the sprinkles.

To end the playdate, the kids gathered at the window to watch the garbage man. Life doesn't get much better for 2-year-olds.

Saturday morning Westin and I woke up early to hit some garage sales. I'm looking for a couple pieces of furniture I can refinish. I was successful in getting a new nightstand for Westin's room and am looking forward to repainting it once potty training is over later this week. After the garage sales and a trip to Trader Joe's, we went to the church for the primary program practice and pizza party. On our way home from the morning's adventures, Westin found this stick and named it his pirate sword. It stayed with us ALL weekend.

Saturday night, the Cordons let us crash their family night with their grandparents. We took Cafe Rio to-go and watched Tangled at their place. 

Westin, Nicholas and Ryker

Westin got a little distracted toward the end of the movie and took a particular liking to these Mickey Mouse glasses.

And why wouldn't he? You can wear them as reading glasses OR sunglasses. How cool is that!?!?

Tomorrow starts our adventures in potty training. I feel like I'll have some serious street cred as a mom once that's over. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: