April 6, 2011

I'm Finally Committing

I've been talking about it for a while, and now I've finally decided to potty train Westin. I'm almost out of diapers and figured I better get to it before I have to travel again. I've been reading and re-reading the 3-Day Potty Training Method, which most of my friends have used successfully, and feel confident that I'll be able to do it. Today we went to Target to buy Westin a potty and lots of new big boy underwear. We're not going to start until Monday (life is too busy until then), but I wanted to get Westin thinking about it just a little. 


Testing out his new potty (he actually pretended to "push" while he was sitting there!)


Wish us (me) luck!

9 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

You can do it! It is insanely frustrating but oh so much better than changing "real" poop as I like to call the non-baby stuff. Blech...

Good luck!

jazmine said...

Good luck! I think he will be fine. But remember it might take a full 3 sucky days! I took Jade to Disneyland yesterday and she had no accidents! Westin will do great!

Abigail said...

Yikes... that is a big step!! Good luck :)

Juliann said...

Good luck! Lots of apple juice and bran muffins will help you (rather, Westin) along. For 3 days, all I did was a quick out-of-the-house-to-get-a-diet-coke and back! It was a long 3 days, but SO worth it! You can do it!

Kim said...

you can do it. we JUST potty trained sarah. that girl would hav stayed in diapers forever had i let her. charts with lots of stickers. that's all i have to say! oh, i also made a countdown chart for sarah. it only had 4 days on it, and she loved it.

Krissy said...

Let me know how it goes and any good suggestions! I'm headed there not too long in the future.

Anonymous said...

I still swear by Potty Train in a Day. Let me know if you want me to bring my booklet down next weekend with Scotty Potty.

Bianca Martino said...

good luck!

The Evers Family said...

Best wishes!!!!