Growing up, my family moved a lot. I hated it. The worst move was when we left SLC to go back to LA as I started high school. I thought my life was over (No really, I did. I was 14. Of course everything was about me. Clearly my parents just wanted to torture me, right?). I was leaving behind some of the closest friends I had ever made. How could my parents take that away from me? Well, come to find out, my life didn't end. Sure enough, I made more friends and forgave my parents.
Even though life always worked out then, I've continually told myself that, as an adult, I don't want to move as much as I did growing up. Funny how life works out. We've been in Santa Monica for nearly four years and have lived in three apartments and been a part of three different wards. (So much for trying to stay in one place).
And while I still intensely dislike the physical act of moving, my attitude toward the experience of moving has greatly changed because I'm finally realizing that without all the moves I've made, I wouldn't have such an incredible group of friends. I love my friends. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I know it kind of sounds like I'm bragging, and I guess I kind of am, but I have awesome friends.
The reason this all comes up is because of a recent conversation I had with my dad. I was just telling him about everything we had planned for this week, and in casually outlining our activities to him, I realized that each day this week Westin and I had the opportunity to spend time with friends from all of the wards we've been in since we moved to West LA four years ago. I love that! I love that last week I was spending an evening with my high school girlfriends. And a couple weeks before that I was able to see my best friends from SLC. And a couple months before that I was able to see my best friend from age three.
If space and time permitted, I'd give everyone a shoutout and tell you how thankful I am for you in my life and in my family's life. However, I think it would bore the tears out of you. So, I'll just say this before beginning the rest of this post: thank you for your friendship. I cherish it. I will forever be grateful for it.
Ok, now let's get to the good stuff - pictures! Monday morning started with a little pajama playdate with Nicholas and Ryker, who came over while Paige enjoyed a run with her hubby. What a good idea. Ryan and I should totally start running together... too bad I'm way faster and would smoke him ;)
We also spent a couple days with Megan, Eli and Isaac. One afternoon they came over to play at our playground, play with the train table and enjoy popsicles.
We also spent an evening with my little sister, who was in town this week with her friends for spring break. They were kind enough to let an old mom and her loud toddler come join them for dinner at Third Street.
Loved seeing you, K!
We've also been busy with several fun Easter activities. The first Easter party was with the girls from our previous ward, SM2. As we were setting up, I spotted this -
That would be a sugar cookie in his hand... at 10 a.m. I didn't even see him steal it off the tray!
This was Westin's first Easter egg hunt. He understood the idea of finding the eggs, but seemes to miss the part about waiting until the end to open the eggs. Each time he'd find one, he'd immediately open it up to eat what was inside.
Finally getting at the goods
The whole gang
After the hunt, we had lunch and started some crafts and cookie decorating. Westin had already eaten a couple cookies from the tray long before the party ever started, so he was mainly interested in eating the sprinkles.
Biggest hit of the party - the spray bottles from the craft. This is Nicholas spraying Westin, who would laugh hysterically every time he got sprayed.
Looking a little uncomfortable - not hard to tell why
An attempt at a group picture (this is about half of the kids - the rest had no interest in sitting down. Can't blame them when there's cookies to be eaten and spray bottles to be played with).
After running around all morning, Westin collapsed in his crib and slept for nearly three hours. That's a sure sign of a good time :)
More Easter fun to come...














2 comments:
You be dreamin' woman
Loved seeing you too....you were talking about me, right?
Post a Comment