April 18, 2011

Potty Training Week

I'm so glad last week is over! And I'm so glad potty training was a success! W is nearly 100% for making it to the potty, with only one night time accident so far. He's even used a public restroom (TWICE!).
-
So, because we were inside most of last week, there's not a lot for me to blog about. I do have a bunch of random pictures from our time inside together, and some from the weekend with Ryan's family. So here they are:

Just had to get a shot of Westin in his first pair of big boy underwear (because seriously, what mother doesn't think her kid has the cutest little bottom?). He had Finding Nemo, Cars, Toy Story and sports themed underwear to choose from... this is what he chose to start the day in.

Playing "store"

Enjoying a popsicle (I just thought it was funny how he was eating it - just lick by lick).
During our time inside, we also did lots of crafts, played Chutes and Ladders, built Lego towers and watched some movies. By Thursday, we were both dying to get outside. Luckily, Thursday is park day with our friends, so we had the perfect excuse to get out. We brought the potty with us and Westin actually used it while we were there (don't worry, we put it in a corner away from the kids and dumped it in the bushes far, far away from the playground - in case you were worried).

On Friday we went to the pool. I almost put a swim diaper on Westin to be safe, but decided not to with the hope that he'd let me know if he had to go to the bathroom... and he did. No accidents in the pool! Yay!

Friday night we went to dinner in Westwood with Uncle Trevor and Aunt Shalice. Three hours out on the town and Westin used two public bathrooms. My confidence in his potty training was pretty high at this point.

Enjoying a little Yogurtland

And don't worry, this is the last post that I'll be reporting on Westin's ability to go to the bathroom. I think I've blogged enough about pee for now :)

On Saturday we went to the Richs' for the weekend because Ryan's oldest brother and his family were in town. Westin was so excited to see his cousins. When he got there and saw everyone he shouted, "My cousins! My cousins! My cousins!" (Note for the Trampleasure family: Westin kept asking where Lily and Gemma were. We missed you guys!)

We tried taking a couple family pictures, Westin was a little hit or miss with his poses, but here are a couple cute ones.

2 comments:

Bianca Martino said...

I'm glad to see that Westin is officially potty trained, good work! My friend Heather is starting to potty train and I told her about your experience, did you use the "official 3 Day Potty Training"?
hugs
Bianca

Krissy said...

Love the family pic!