April 28, 2011

DIY Project #1

I have a list of projects I want to do and I'm finally getting around to them. The first was this nightstand for Westin's room. I found it a couple weeks ago at a garage sale. It was super cheap and is actually really good quality. 

I already have an espresso colored crib and dresser, so I wanted to go with something a little lighter (plus, I didn't dare try to match the stain because I knew that would turn into a miserable failure). So, I decided to go with this blue that ties in a bunch of the colors in his room and painting the hardware navy.

Next on the list is recovering my kitchen chairs and repainting that bench in the background and making a new seat cushion for it. Just waiting for my fabric to arrive.

4 comments:

Juliann said...

Super cute!!! I always told myself that I never did projects like that b/c there was no space in my apt. But now I have space and still no projects. Of course now it's b/c I'm big & pregnant...I sense a pattern.
I can't wait to see the results of your next projects!!

Kim said...

it's amazing how much a coat of paint changes something. love it. why don't you come on over and accomplish some of my to-do list would ya?! :)

Taryn said...

That looks so great! You did such a good job with this. Please post pictures of your next projects, I love seeing things like this!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Courtney -- this is ADORABLE!! It is a completely new nightstand. About 100x cuter than the original. Will you come and fix my furniture too?