March 2, 2011

While I've Been Traveling

As I've been traveling the last few weeks, I've been so lucky to have a great babysitter, friends and husband who are taking such good care of life for me back home. Over the weekend I was literally home for 48 hours before having to fly out again. It was obviously not enough time to really enjoy being home, but enough time to get laundry done, go grocery shopping, finish work responsibilities and hug Westin about a dozen times. Ryan's schedule has also been insanely busy as well, so he was gone both Friday and Saturday while I was home. Needless to say, I'm very eager to get home this week and to be home for a while.


A few things to report while I've been on the road - the first, Westin actually went potty in a big boy toilet for the FIRST time on Monday. Our babysitter, Emily, was at the mall with him. While in the restroom, he pointed to the little boy's potty (guess that particular mall had two sizes), and asked Emily what it was. She told him it was a  potty for little boys and asked if he wanted to use it... and he said YES! So, she sat him down and he actually went to the bathroom. I can't believe I missed the action, so I of course asked her to take a picture if it happened again. It hasn't. But that's ok, because this weekend we're going to buy Westin his own potty. I'm not entirely sure we'll actually start the real potty training process. I'll have to assess the situation when we get home. But it does seem like we're one step closer and his interest in using the potty has certainly increased.


Also this week, another friend was watching Westin in the evening when Ryan was working at school late. While she was with Westin she left me the following message: "So I asked Westin what song he wanted to sing and he said, Rihanna! (then in the background you hear Westin say, 'My Oh Na Na Song')." He really enjoys that song and anytime he hears it calls it "My Oh Na Na Song." I love when he sings and he's doing it more and more. It's one of my favorite things in life right now.


I've also been receiving pictures throughout the week. Here are a few:


At the mall playing with the puppies

Demonstrating how he likes to wear his hats (he really does prefer to wear them backwards)

As for me, travel has luckily been going very smoothly, minus the 5 a.m. fire alarm that went off in our hotel yesterday morning. We had to evacuate, but fortunately it turned out to be nothing. It did make the day a long and tiresome one, but I'm feeling a pit more rested today and just looking forward to getting done here.


Alright, time to get going. I have some more pictures from the weekend to post, but don't have my camera with me. I'll get to those when I return. 


Until then, have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

The Evers Family said...

I don't know how you do it all. You're amazing!