March 11, 2011

Westin and Eli's Disneyland Adventure

It's been about a month since we've been to Disneyland and with Spring Break coming up, I thought we better hit the park before the crowds do. We went with our friends the Eltons and totally scored a great day. It was about 75 degrees and there were hardly any lines. Even though I know we can go back whenever, a crowded day at Disneyland still bums me out, so I we were stoked to see that our timing could not have been more perfect.


I made the mistake of telling Westin about our plans for Disneyland early in the week. Every morning he'd ask if we were going to Disneyland with Megan and Eli that day. Finally on Thursday I was able to say YES! We loaded everyone in to the car and were on our way.


With Eli and Westin on either side, Isaac had the best entertainment around

Since there were hardly any lines on most of the rides, we were able to hit up all our favorites - Dumbo, Tea Cups, Small World, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Buzz Light Year... to name a few. We also had our first go at Alice in Wonderland and Finding Nemo. Westin loved both.


First ride of the day and W was already in the mood to take a rest. Gross, I know. I promise that as soon as I took the picture I made him get up and disinfect his hands.

During the entire carousel ride, the boys were saying "giddy-up, giddy-up," while snapping their ropes.

Tea Cups

Taking a little break in Critter Country

Helping Buzz to destroy Zurg

Riding the storyland boat - Me, Isaac, W, Eli and Megan

The best shot I could get of both boys saying "cheese."

Our day at Disneyland with the Eltons was an absolute blast. Both boys didn't want to leave and asked if they could come back another time. Of course! I just couldn't believe how tired I was once we got home around five. I usually don't get so tired after Disneyland, but was fully passed out on our couch by 8:30 that night. Clear sign of too much fun, I guess :)

Also this week...

We went to Music Makers (which is so much fun now that Westin knows more of the songs and actually sings along).

Had to try out the Beverly Hills 24 Hour Fitness because ours is under renovation. The trip was a total waste - took 25 minutes to get there, had to PAY for parking, the kids' club room was the size of my kitchen (which means it was really small) and the gym itself was hot and old. Looks like I'll be working out from home for the next four months.

Spent a morning at the pool with our friends.

Saw the airplanes with Nicholas, Ryker and Paige.

Convinced Uncle Adam to babysit so I could join Ryan for a night out with his MBA friends. We all met at a wine bar in Santa Monica called Bodega. It was nice to just be with Ryan for a while and to meet everyone he spends most of his days with lately. Definitely a fun crowd.

And last but not least, I have to share this picture from last Sunday. Ryan's mom gave us one of the bow-ties Ryan would wear as a little boy. I love that she saved them and that Westin is able to wear it now.

2 comments:

Megan said...

you sure know how to pack fun into your weeks. we had so much fun at disneyland and i was super tired that night too : )

thanks for posting the pictures... and fyi.... i might use them as well, so thanks in advance : )

The Evers Family said...

It all makes sense now why your brother posted on FB that you were pregnant. Note: if you ever say, "I'm really tired," that means "Oh my gosh Courtney is pregnant" to everyone that hears. Personally, I kind of like people thinking I'm pregnant when I'm not though. Then they think I look super good and they forgive my moodiness easier.