March 9, 2011

Chocolate Insanity

Tonight, while Ryan and I attended one of his school events, Ryan's brother Adam watched Westin. To say thanks, I made these absolutely, ridiculously decadent Triple Chocolate Cookies. You need to make them. It's a must.


NOTE: this recipe does call for instant coffee or espresso powder. If you don't want to bake with either, don't let it turn you off from the recipe. You'll still get an intense chocolate flavor without the coffee flavor. You don't need to substitute anything for the coffee, just don't add it. 


Also, I used 16 oz. dark chocolate for melting (not semi-sweet as called for) and semi-sweet chocolate chips. So if you do leave out the coffee, maybe consider using some dark chocolate to create a really rich flavor.


2 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

They look fantastic but I am not super cool with the coffee, not to be a prude :) Ever try them without? Still delicious or not so much?

Courtney said...

You can definitely make these without the coffee. I have a cake recipe that calls for a teaspoon or so of coffee too and I leave it out and it really doesn't make a difference. According to Ina, it enhances the chocolate flavor, but I think these will still be intense without it.