March 15, 2011

Westin, You Make Me Laugh

Even though there are days when it's an all-out war to get Westin dressed in the morning or there's a sudden meltdown over a Nutrigrain bar breaking in half (happens way too often), the joy and laughter Westin brings into my life makes those other moments well worth the stress and frustration I find myself feeling as we enter the "terrible twos."
-
Some Westin moments that have made me smile and laugh this week:
-
1.) While watching the BYU game this past weekend, Westin raised his arms and said, "That's teamwork!" as Jimmer scored a layup. I have no idea where he learned about teamwork, but he completely nailed the timing when he used the word.
-
2.) One afternoon when I went into Westin's bedroom to get him from his nap, I told him that we were going to go to the park with some friends. He looked up at me and said, "Mom, that's a great idea!"
-
3.) During our last visit to Utah, my mom taught Westin about angel Moroni on top of the Mormon temples. Now that our ward meets right next to the Los Angeles Temple, Westin points out angel Moroni to us every week. He loves to ask us the questions we always ask him. 
-
W: "Mom, who's on top of the temple?"
Me: "Angel Moroni."
W: "What is he holding?"
Me: "A trumpet."
W: "What sound does a trumpet make?"
Me: (I make a trumpet noise)
W: "That's right!"
-
4.) Westin is very aware of when nap time is approaching. After lunch he has some time to play in the house and then when I say we can read a few books, he starts with, "but I don't wanna take a nap." The other day as we went through this routine, I tried to explain to Westin that we take naps so we're happy and have energy in the afternoon. Later that day, as we were walking to the park, Westin stopped and said, "Mom, I'm happy! I took my nap and now I have more energy."
-
5.) Westin loves basketball. He'll look for opportunities to play it anywhere, any time. While at a friend's house yesterday, he discovered a small basketball hoop in the bathtub. Took about a second for him to climb in and start shooting hoops.
-
6.) Westin loves to empty my bathroom trash can into the big trash can in the kitchen. There could be a single cotton ball in our bathroom trash can and Westin HAS to go empty it. Sometimes he brings the trash can back, and sometimes he doesn't...
-
7.) It cracks me up to see what Westin finds entertaining. Blowing the fan against the shades is apparently hilarious.
-
And there's no funny story with this picture, it's just stinkin' cute! However, pool weather in March DOES make me smile!

1 comment:

The Evers Family said...

He talks so well and he is such a sophisticated talker too. So cute. can't wait to see you guys.