It's good to be home. Even if it's just for a few days. Only two more weeks of crazy travel and I'll have a break. Yay!
This past week I was in San Diego and back in Chicago (where it was thankfully up to 50 degrees. The previous week when I was there it was 6 degrees. Painful!). While I enjoy still being able to work, I am always excited to come home, especially when there's something like this waiting for me:
Clearly Emily helped Westin with his writing, but I'm pretty sure those scribbles are all Westin :)
I was also excited to get back to LA because we had some special visitors!
Grandpa Steve and Loni were in town, as well as our friends Brad, Krissy and Makayla.
Westin can't get enough of basketball these days. He's shooting hoops any time he can get his hands on something round - be it a basketball, a kickball, a soccer ball, or even an apple (yes, true statement - he used an apple as a basketball today. Not so fun to clean up), Westin will find something to shoot with.
Money!
Makayla didn't seem too impressed with Westin's skillz, but she did like when he shared his Cheerios
Another jumper from downtown - gotta love the facial expression here
Also this weekend, Ryan was able to attend the Northern Trust Open at the Riviera Country Club two days in a row, where he talked face to face (an actual exchange of words) with not one but two sports legends - Phil Mickelson and Jerry West.
And to complete a very fun weekend, Westin and I spent Sunday morning building and enjoying this awesome tent we made from his blankets.
After church (which is now at 1:30 - MISERABLE), my dad and Loni came over for dinner. Continue reading down to my previous post for the menu and recipes.








1 comment:
Visitors are always so much fun!
Post a Comment