**********************************************************
1. He sings in the shower (but only when he's happy - when work or school is stressful or not going well, there's no singing)
2. His favorite dessert is a chocolate milkshake, one that is thin enough to drink through a straw and made with real, hard ice cream
3. He served his mission in British Columbia
4. He enjoys watching This Week on Sunday mornings (well, before George Stephanopolous left)
5. If he had the choice of a beach house and cabin in the mountains, he'd take the cabin
6. His high school football team called him "The General"
7. He's a DIE-HARD Dodgers, Lakers and BYU fan. Don't mess.
8. He was on the BYU Football coaching staff during college
9. He plays racquetball.
10. He's really, really good at racquetball
11. He likes to make up new words to current pop songs
12. At the age of 5 he sang a solo at his stake conference, and he did an awesome job (and it was the cutest thing ever! I've gotta figure out a way to get Westin to do something like that)
13. During his mission, he had a gun pulled on him while knocking doors
14. He strongly dislikes getting his picture taken
15. He watches PTI every single day (pretty sure he hasn't missed an episode since he started watching in college)
16. He loves to snowboard
17. One day he'd like to teach a college class (one that doesn't require him to do all the research, but just lets him have a platform to impart his wisdom on young, impressionable minds)
18. We wrote just about every week during his mission
19. If he could have any job in the world, he'd want to be a radio talk show host
20. He hates to lose (after BYU lost to Utah this season, we didn't see him for about 30 minutes after the game)
21. He's very close to his brothers and talks to them almost every day
22. He has fired shots from a machine gun
23. He doesn't like to share his food, especially french fries
24. He is the best at writing cards. (I've saved nearly every one he's given me for my birthday or Valentine's Day - those ones are the best)
25. Despite what he tells you, he actually does have a romantic side. When he proposed to me, he had someone bring me a present every hour during the day (starting at 7 a.m. when I was at work in the newsroom) with notes attached to them explaining the gift. These gifts and notes all lead up to his proposal that evening at Sundance. It was an awesome proposal
26. He makes me laugh everyday
27. He's my best friend
28. He's the best father and husband I could ever ask for.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RYAN!


6 comments:
PTI deserves a mention. It was a big part of freshman year. I still watch it everyday.
Ryan, great day.
Haha I love the list. I knew most of them, but learned a few new things :) Hope your travels are going well. See you soon!
I didn't know Ryan played racquetball. Apparently I don't know everything about you guys yet.... let's work on that.
... I thought I was your best friend.
happy birthday ryan!! this post makes me want go out and get a good chocolate shake soon. you guys up for it??
This is a much better birthday post than mine for Mitch. How funny that we would marry men born on the same exact day and that we are only 3 days apart. Crazy, Crazy.
Post a Comment