February 28, 2010

A Baby Shower, Cafe Rio and Our Little Business Man in the Making

The Baby Shower

This weekend my friend Trina and I threw a baby shower for our friend Emily, who's expecting baby #2 in just a few weeks. Since baby #1 was (is) a boy, we needed to load Emily up on a lot of PINK (which I think we clearly accomplished).

Trina and I divided and conquered - she did the decorations and I took care of the food. I always love having a reason to bake or cook (particularly bake). I decided to go semi-homemade for the shower.

Strawberries and Apples with Fruit Dip (cool whip mixed with strawberry yogurt - yummy and lowfat).
Strawberry Limeade (Liter of Sprite with Minute Maid frozen limeade concentrate and a jar of frozen strawberries)
Spinach and Artichoke Pastry Puffs (Straight from the frozen food isle!)
Cinnamon Bread Twist (homemade bread, cinnamon & brown sugar middle, and a cream cheese glaze - frosting from the can melted with a little cream).
Sugar Cookies with Strawberry Frosting (homemade sugar cookies, vanilla frosting (from the can) mixed with homemade strawberry jam (premade and given to us by my in-laws).


The full spread

Kim, Tara, Ali and Britney
Becky, Maurine, and Trina

Allison and her cute daughter

Britney, Lindsi, Becky, Ali, Emily, and Trina

Presents!

Seeing all this cute girl stuff makes me want one... just WANT one, doesn't mean I'm having one just yet, ok Dad :)

Miss Brinley trying on the baby's new hat. Love this little girl! Seriously doesn't get much cuter than her. I mean look at those eyes, those cheeks and that smile!

Emily and Juliann (Brinley's mommy)

Emily, Trina and me

And though it was a rainy day, we still had this incredible view from Trina's front porch in Marina del Rey.
Cafe Rio

After the shower, and another victory for Ryan's ward basketball team, we met up with our friends Brad and Krissy who are in town from Utah.
Westin trying out Makayla's Bumbo. We don't have one, so I think he thought it was pretty cool - minus it being pink.

Dinner for the kiddos
This dude makes some funny faces

After the kids had some food, we went over to the new Cafe Rio in Manhattan Beach. Welcome to LA, Rio... we've missed you.

Our Little Business Man
Sunday was the usual, chasing Westin around church and dinner at the Richs. Before church I couldn't resist snapping pictures of the boys in their church clothes together. Gotta love a guy in a tie.
So handsome

Making one last business deal before heading off to church.


Ryan's off in Denver this week for work, so it's just me and Dub... we already miss you, babe!

5 comments:

Brit Warner said...

I think everyone went to cafe rio that day! And your deserts were delicious! Mike was disappointed I didn't bring him any.

BreAnne Kavanagh said...

You did such a good job on that shower...that food you made looked amazing. We're bummed we didn't make it down to go to Rio with you guys, we WILL soon though :) If you get bored down there this week and have any desire to head up north...we could play with the boys at the park or something. Ah...how i wish we were neighbors.

Juliann said...

I agree--it doesn't get much cuter than that!! Brinley is a dream...although I might be slightly biased. :>) And just like Britney said, I think everyone did go to the Rio that day. When I left the shower, that's exactly were I headed, to introduce some of my teacher friends to their new fav restaurant!
P.S. I'm SO GLAD that you posted the ingredients to the treats! They were so yummy!

The Evers Family said...

So jealous you have Cafe Rio there now. Yummm... Oh and thanks for calling today. So good to talk to you!

Jason and Tawni said...

I am requesting that from now on until I am done being pregnant that you don't describe yummy ood on your blog. I pretty much want some strawberries and fruit dip RIGHT NOW. That sounds sooooo good. You are quite the little event planner. I feel like you are in the wrong business. Westin looks darling with the business suit and cell phone. He is getting to be so grown up.

Awesome that you guys have a Cafe Rio!!! I would die if we didn't have one here. My whole life would come crashing down.

Love you!!!