My friend Allie does a great job updating her blog, particularly about "the little things" her boys do each day. I need to be more like her. I feel like I've gotten caught up on blogging about just the "stuff" we do and not so much the journal-worthy moments in our lives. I thought I was pretty good about this the first year, but I've been a total loser about it so far this second year. So, I'm going to try, really hard, to remember to do more of the "moments" for Westin.
Westin is now 14 months, and he's such a little boy and I LOVE IT! I love that he runs around the house (but hate when he falls and hits his head) like he owns the place. I love that he knows where to go when we say we're having family prayer. I love that he grabs the keys and heads to the door when I say it's time to go. I love that he has started to stomp his feet and bounce when he hears fun music. I love that he'll stop what he's doing, run over to me, give me a hug or put his head on my shoulder for a split second, and then go back to what he was doing. I love how quickly he is learning and picking up on new things. I love how excited he gets when Ryan comes home at night. I love how he runs to the mirror to check himself out when I put a hat on his head. I love how friendly he is. I love how he makes funny faces any time he tries a new food (but I'm not a huge fan of when he throws that same food off his tray). I love how he'll sit in his room and read (look at) books by himself.
He's growing up so fast. He'll be in nursery in FOUR months. What the what!?! No way he's old enough to be in nursery at church. Time really does fly with kids... but don't get too excited... it's not flying fast enough where a second one is coming any time soon (sorry, dad).
In other news, Ryan turns 27 this week!!! The man's gettin' old. Might as well be 35, if you ask me. Haha. Love u babe!
Here's to another week...
February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ok Court, let me say this. It's easy to blog about the "moments" and not what you do when you DON'T DO ANYTHING. Seriously. It's between -20 and 20 degrees here. We don't leave the house. But thanks for the praise anyway. That was nice.
Post a Comment