March 31, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

It was a busy week last week and it's only getting more hectic this week. The good news is that most of the chaos we're experiencing is from fun stuff.

We just returned from a long weekend in Las Vegas where we spent time with my dad and some friends. Westin and I drove to Vegas on Tuesday. He's a great traveler and slept all the way to Barstow where I stopped to feed him and then he slept all but 30 minutes from Barstow to Vegas. We arrived at my dad's condo in Henderson in the afternoon and met up with my dear friend Tawni and her daughter Stella who drove down from St. George. Tawni and I were so excited to see each other and screamed a little too loud when we saw each other, making both of the kids cry. Once the kids realized everything was ok, we walked down to The District to shop and let Stella run around (she recently started walking).

Me with Stella and Westin

Tawni, Stella, me and Westin (not sure what the kids are looking at, but kind of funny that they're both apparently looking at the same thing)

Tawni was so sweet and bought Westin a new shirt and hat. I also got Westin a shirt and Tawni bought Stella an adorable Easter outfit. Thanks for making my son so stylish, Tawni!!!

A couple cute pics of Westin...
On Wednesday, we took the kids for a long walk and then went to the pool. Unfortunately, the pool was freezing cold so I didn't take Westin in. However, Stella had a great time! That afternoon Tawni and Stella had to head back to St. George. We were sad to see them leave, but I was so grateful that they made the trek to see us. It was so great to spend time with them and just made me want to see them more often. Love you Tawni and Stella!

After Tawni and Stella left, Westin and I headed over to my dad's station. He was so excited to show off his grandson.

My dad went around his entire office with Westin and showed him to every employee (don't worry, his office isn't that big).

Teaching Westin the ways of the working world.

On Wednesday night the rest of the party flew in - Ryan from Tennessee and Kurt and Erika from Salt Lake. Westin was asleep when they got in, so Kurt and Erika had to wait till Thursday to meet our little guy for the first time. We spent most of the weekend watching March Madness games, shopping, hanging out at the pool and eating. Does it get better than that?
The boys at The District
The gang at ESPN Zone watching the tourney

Being a good sport while we hit the outlets

In front of the Palazzo

We had a great weekend in Vegas and were sad to come home on Sunday. Vacations always go by so fast. Westin fell in love with Erika and Kurt and told me that they need to move to LA so he can see them more (hint, hint). We left pretty early and were able to make it back in time for Sunday dinner at Ryan's parent's house. That night we had lots to do at home to get ready for this week. I immediately started laundry, unpacked Ryan, and repacked Westin and me. Then on Monday morning Westin and I headed up to my mom's house where he is staying for a couple days while I'm on a work trip (I'll get back to this in a minute).
We luckily made it to my mom's right before my grandma and grandpa headed back to Utah. Westin is their first great grandchild and they were so excited to finally meet him.

After my grandma and grandpa left, I got Westin all settled in (it was hard not bringing my entire house, but I narrowed it down to a few select toys, books, blankets and his playmat). Then all of a sudden it was time for me to leave. This is my first trip away from Westin and I didn't want to let go of him. I probably kissed him a hundred times and shed a few tears. Meanwhile, my mom kept saying, "Courtney, don't worry. He'll be fine." Yes, I know he's in great hands and will have no idea that I was ever gone, but I know that I'm gone and I'm gone for THREE nights - that's like forever in mommy days. Anyway, I'm in Chicago now and Westin made it through his first night with no problems. (Of course I called my mom the minute I woke up).
For those of you wondering where Ryan is in all this - he is in town, but has still been working long hours so it made the most sense to just have Westin stay with my mom.
I get back Thursday and then Westin and I will head out again on Friday. This time we're headed to Salt Lake for a last minute trip to see my grandma (on my dad's side). This will be Westin's first flight. Wish us luck this next week - there's still a lot to get through and I'm already looking forward to getting home and being done with all this travel.

4 comments:

Erika said...

We already miss you guys so much! Especially Westin. I don't know how it is possible to create something that adorable, but you and Ryan did it. Good Job!

Anyway, the weekend was way too short. We are already looking forward to Memorial Day weekend.

Love you guys. Thanks for everything.

Jason and Tawni said...

Love it! I was glad to see the rest of the pictures from after we left. I sure didn't like driving home knowing that you and Westin were having fun without me. It looks like you enjoyed the rest of the week with Kurt, Erica, Ryan, and your Dad. I love how proud he is of his grandson. Too cute.
Thanks again for a wonderful trip, it was a BLAST! (Except for the part where I ran over your dad's bush, whoops!)

Kurt said...

Well, Erika keeps talking about how much she misses Westin. This was a dangerous move to have her meet him. Now she wants one. Crazy.

The Evers Family said...

Are you in Utah right now? I will be there tomorrow. I am sure you probably have headed back already, but I thought I would check.