Megan and I started to paint while the boys waited patiently (sort of) for their turn. It didn't take long for both Eli and Westin to get a little jealous of all the fun we were having, so we tried to entertain them with books and toys until it we were ready for them.

Now on to the difficult part - painting a baby's hand and foot and trying to get them to lay it on a flat surface without moving. We started with his footprint. He sat perfectly still while I painted his foot, but when it was time to put his foot on the plate... he decided that he wanted to move it around. I should have known this was going to happen. Oh well, there was no do-over and I figured it represented the age so why try to make it perfect.
Next was his hand - or it was supposed to be his hand. Westin did not like me painting his hand and would not open it (the kid has a killer grip). So I had to change my plan and just do another footprint. The second one turned out better than the first, but neither are perfect. Here's what we ended up with...
Eli was much more cooperative with Megan - teaching me that I should probably hold off a few more months when I do this with the next kid.


4 comments:
color me mine was so much fun! even today i was thinking of potential other projects that i want to go back to do. i am very excited to see our finished works of art next week.
oh the joys of color me mine. I loved that place. and i still have all my stuff. greg and i use our plate all the time. the one that says "place your cookies here" what dorks we were. westin is getting big. tell him to slow down please!!
So much fun! I love the sweet little prints. What a great idea!
Good old CMM. Those were the days huh? I still have the entire dish set that you hand painted for me when I got married. I love it and I think of you whenever I use them. Anyways, good job on the prints, we just did that with Stella for her 1 year. It was quite difficult to get her to sit still but with the help of my mom, we did it! It looks like you guys had fun there together, I am jealous!
Post a Comment