Last night I put Westin to bed at 11 p.m. and crawled into bed with the same love and passion for my sheets and pillows as I do every night. (Ryan and I have decided that getting into bed at the end of the day is by far the best part of the day - warm sheets, fluffy pillows, a cozy down comforter - what's not to love?) Anyway, not too long after I went to sleep (or so it felt like), I woke up to Westin's usual stirring sounds. I felt oddly refreshed for waking up in the middle of the night, so I looked at my clock expecting it to be between 2 and 3 a.m. However, to my surprise, the number in front was a FOUR!!! Now, I'm no math whiz (I mean, I was only a Comms major), but I'm pretty sure that if Westin went to bed at 11 and woke up at 4 it means I got FIVE consecutive hours of sleep. One word - AMAZING. I never thought I'd be so excited to get five hours of sleep. Thank you, Westin!!!
Now I'm just crossing my fingers that this is a lasting trend and not just a tease because these five hours changed my life. I really did feel refreshed today. I know that in a few months (or likely more than a few - I'm realistic) when Westin is sleeping through the night (again, crossing my fingers) I'll look back at these five hours and laugh at the fact that I thought I actually got some rest with them... but for today, I'm couldn't be happier to have a five hour night's sleep.
March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
those five hours are very exciting. hopefully you'll get more of those nights in the near future.
when ryan goes out of town again give me a call. we can watch a movie, go on a walk, or do dinner or something.
I totally know what you are talking about. I seriously remember the night that Stella went from 3 hours to 6 hours and I almost had a heart attack! You are getting closer and closer to the delightful night when you don't get up at all, woo hoo! Now THAT is glorious!
Post a Comment