After my four-day work trip to Chicago and Atlanta, Westin and I headed to Utah on Friday afternoon for my grandma's 93rd birthday. This was Westin's first airplane ride and he did a great job. Everything went so smoothly getting through security and both take off and landing - he really couldn't have been any better. Thanks W! So Chris picked us up from the airport and we went over to the hotel to meet up with my dad, Trev and Kenzie who had been skiing.
The boys at dinner
Saturday morning started with a visit from my sister-in-law Lindsay and her family. They were so nice to drive up to us at the hotel. Here are Westin's ADORABLE cousins, Lily and Gemma.
After our visit with the cousins, Kit and Kacey Ludlow picked us up for lunch at Gardner Village... which lasted about three hours because we're all such chatter boxes. I love these gals (we go way back: my mom and dad have been friends with Kit and her husband Kevin since college. We used to do family vacations together... just so many great memories.) Anyway, it was so wonderful to catch up with them. They are seriously two of the most fabulous women I know.
And no, the fun didn't stop there. Later than night, and after a long nap for Westin, my friend Kristi joined us for dinner. (Yes, I basically ate my way through the trip). Westin was a little fussy at dinner, so I didn't get as much time with Kristi as I wanted, but it was still so fun to see her and to have her finally meet W.
Then on Sunday we went to my Grandpa and Grandma William's house for the morning session of General Conference. Westin loved sitting with my grandma - I think it's cause she was singing to him... and she can actually sing (unlike his own mother who can't carry a tune to save her life).
For the afternoon session we headed back to the hotel to have pancakes with my dad and Loni and the gang.Aunt Sue: Mom, I love the blouse you are wearing (the blouse was blue and purple).
Grandma: Thanks, I wore it to match the veins in my hands.
Four generations
Family shot: me, Westin, Trevor C., Loni, Steve, Kenzie, Chris and Trevor M.
Family shot with grandma
During the party Westin made a new friend with my cousin Zac's daughter, Taryn. She is about 10 months now and loves babies. She is so cute. She kept wanting to touch Westin's head. Here are a few shots of their playtime together.



2 comments:
Thanks for the summary Court! No wonder you are exhausted. I am glad you had a good time though. Love the pics.
COURT! I LOVE you and I LOVE that baby! Lunch was too fun! Miss you already! Lets not go so long before our next visit! Hopefully I will get to see you & your madre before Sept. ;) Tell Di I love her...and Jake LOOOOVES her too!..I swear he has a crush on her!
LOVE you!
Post a Comment