April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

I can't believe we just hit Easter. This year is already flying by. It was a gorgeous weekend here in SoCal (but really, when is it not?) and we were able to enjoy it with both my family and Ryan's family. On Saturday we went to Valencia to see Ryan's brother Doug and his family who were in town for spring break. We watched the Dodger game, played Rockband and Mario Cart and had a yummy BBQ. Now that Westin is a little older, the kids are more excited to play with him, especially our niece Delaney (4). She is going to be a big helper to her mom and dad come September when they welcome number four into their family.


Funny conversation with Delaney:
Delaney: How old is Westin?
Me: He's four months.
Delaney: So he's four (she holds up four fingers)?
Me: No, he's not four years old yet, just four months.
Delaney: So he's three?
Me: No, he's four months. When you're a baby, you count your age by months.
Delaney: So he's two?
Me: No, he's not even one yet.
Delaney: Oh, so he's zero!

Westin loved seeing his cousins again and we all can't wait for them to come back in July.

Then on Sunday we woke up early to attend church with my dad in Agoura. He was very excited to show off Westin to the ward. I, on the other hand, was just excited to put Westin in his new Easter outfit - courtesy of Grandma Connie.



After church we headed back to my dad and Loni's place to decorate Easter eggs, have lunch and watch the final round of the Masters. Ryan and Trevor were rooting for Phil Mickelson, and my dad was going for Tiger. Neither won, but there was a side bet going on which of these two would win and our man Phil came out on top.

The boys intently watching Tiger and Phil square off. Don't you love how boys can never sit through an entire sporting event?
We were able to pull the guys away from the TV for just a little while to decorate Easter eggs. Of course this was a contest (what isn't in our family?) and I was determined to win an award since I got shafted at our Christmas cookie decorating contest.

Working hard


Victory is sweet. My hard work paid off and I was given "The Most Creative Egg" AND "The Prettiest Egg" awards by Kenzie and her friend Erika.

Once the celebration died down, we enjoyed a lovely meal and watched the rest of the Master's tournament.

W and Uncle Trev
W and Loni

Later in the afternoon my mom stopped by to say hi and give Westin his Easter gift, which included a new swimsuit, a couple shirts, a pair of shorts, and the Velveteen Rabbit. Thanks mom!

And the most exciting news of the weekend, Westin's first TOOTH broke through!!! I actually started noticing both his bottom front teeth coming to the surface last week and now one of them is all the way through. I'll take a picture of it when it comes up a little higher and is more visible in a snapshot.

2 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

Wow! Teeth already?! That is crazy!

And I'm a little sad there were no pictures of the award winning eggs. I guess I'll just have to imagine how fabulous they were...

Trisha B said...

It was good to see you at the Agoura ward. Westin is so cute. He looks so much like you Courtney