April 26, 2009

On the Road Again

I'm headed out on another work trip tomorrow. It's back to Atlanta and Chicago, and thankfully the weather is looking better in both cities this time. We'll say goodbye to Ryan in the morning and then I'll drive Westin to my mom's before I head to the airport in the afternoon. Saying goodbye to Westin on my last trip (first one away) was hard, but he did so well with my mom that I think I'll be able to leave him without any tears this time.

Before I go get packed, here's a quick recap of our week:

Monday: 95 degrees and miserable (we don't have AC)
Tuesday: 90 degrees and a little less miserable - also had playgroup at the park
Wednesday: Took Westin by my office to say hello to the gang - he spit up twice, once on the carpet and once all over me. After the office stop, we spent the afternoon with my mom and Kenzie baking.
Thursday: 75 degrees and wonderful (this is what California's all about).
Friday: I enjoyed an evening with my girlfriends to celebrate Jen's birthday, while Ryan hung out with his friend Brad and saw the new movie, "State of Play." Of course there's no pictures from Ryan's night, but here are a few from my night with the girls (and Westin).

Jen, the birthday girl
The group was the usual: Mandy, Harper, Jen, Kirsten, Jessica, Heather and Julia. Jessica and Heather were the hostesses and Jess cooked some awesome enchiladas.

Heather, Jen and Kirsten

After dinner, we sat around and gabbed for a while before Jen's boyfriend surprised us by stopping by with their new pup, Cooper. He's so adorable. Here's Mandy getting him all riled up.

Saturday we pretty much just hung out around the house, had an early dinner with Ryan's dad and sister Camille, and watched the Lakers beat down the Jazz (yeah, you heard me - BEAT DOWN).

While Westin is a pretty calm baby (in the sense that he is really happy and doesnt' fuss much), he is very active and is moving ALL the time. Whether we're holding him or he's laying down, he is always kicking his legs, moving his arms, and trying to look at everything around him. Since he's so active, we try to tire him out with bouncers. This one is at Ryan's parents' house and hangs from the doorway. Though he's a little small for it, he really seemed to enjoy it.

Just a short video to see Westin in action. Note how angry he gets with me after I make the comment that he looks like a ballerina (you'll see it in his face). Definitely Ryan's son.

2 comments:

Krissy said...

I love reading about your adventures. I especially love the videos of Westin, he's adorable!

Jason and Tawni said...

That video is priceless, he is totally pissed that you called him a ballerina. Not cool.

He has a tooth? That is insane! He is so little still, guess he wants to start eating the goods huh?

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!11