July 29, 2008

Rich Family Reunion

This past weekend Ryan and I flew to Utah for his grandma Cannon's 90th birthday (with a quick pitstop at my mom's for a little maternity shopping). Ryan flew in Friday afternoon with his parents, and I took a later flight... which resulted in a very late night. My flight was delayed an hour and then another hour and I didn't end up getting to my mom's house until 3 a.m. I was not a happy camper - to say the least. I don't mind traveling - as long as everything runs smoothly. When it doesn't, there's nothing I hate more. I finally made it to my mom's, got some sleep and was ready for a morning of shopping.

On Saturday I got to spend the morning and early afternoon with my mom, just me and her... something that rarely happens these days. Seems like there's always another sibling around and I have to share... yes, we still compete for mom's time and attention. It was so fun to just hang out. I can't wait for her to get back to LA, so we can do it a lot more!!!

After an afternoon of shopping till we dropped, I met up with Ryan and his family for his grandma Cannon's 90th birthday in Salt Lake. All of his mom's sisters and their families were there, along with many of her friends. I finally met some of his extended family that I've only heard about the last 3 years. Grandma Cannon is so sweet and is always so excited to see us. After grandma's rock'n party and a small cousin reunion, we headed up to Park City where we spent the rest of the weekend at a cabin in Deer Valley with Ryan's immediate family - all 6 Rich kids and their families. On Sunday we went to the Park City visitor's ward, took walks, napped, ate, and played games. The best part of Sunday was seeing the kids all dressed up in their Sunday best - they all looked so cute! Here's Grant on the patio - he could barely keep his eyes open in the sun, but he's still such a stud!

The kids were obsessed with taking pictures with my camera. I think Miranda took this one of Lily, Delaney and me.

Saturday was also Jan and Gemma's birthday, but we didn't get a chance to celebrate until Sunday. Rick made his famous cupcakes and we sang happy birthday to the two birthday girls. This is Gemma (1).


On Monday Ryan's dad rented jet skies at Jordenelle for us. I couldn't ride with my preggo belly, but the kids and big boys had a great time. I couldn't believe how daring the kids were. Apparently, when they were out on the jet skies with the adults they kept asking to go faster. Miss Delaney (almost 4), kept telling her dad to go faster and hit the waves, and to catch up with the other kids. Miranda (almost 10) only got off the jet skies to eat lunch. Here's Ryan bringing Miranda back to shore.
Since I was shore ridden, I hung out with the kids teaching them how to skip rocks. This is Lily catching a little sun.

This is Miranda waiting for another ride. That night we barbequed and the adults saw Dark Knight (so good, Heath was amazing!). I had to head out this morning for work, but the rest of the gang headed to the outlets and Alpine Slides. Everyone leaves tomorrow, so I only missed a day of fun :( Thanks Rick and Connie for a very fun weekend!

On another note... we find out the baby's gender on Friday and move on Saturday. It's going to be a big weekend!

1 comment:

Krissy said...

Sounds so fun! I can't believe the summer is coming to an end... well I know it never truely goes away in California though. I'm bummed we didn't get to see you this last weekened, but we'll definitely have to make another trip down to see you during the year... it's christmas at Brad's parents this year too! You have to call when you get a chance and let me know how everything is going to with baby and move. Hope all is well! Miss you guys.