July 7, 2008

New York - Part 1

It's so good to be home. Not only have I missed my bed and the fresh air of Santa Monica, I've also missed the blogging world. I've felt so disconnected all week while we were out of town. But now I'm back and ready to blog... and I've got a lot to blog, so let's get started with Day 1.

Day 1: Ryan and I left for New York last Friday night on a red eye to JFK. We were fortunate enough to fly first class (thank you SmithGeiger for flying me all over the country so I could earn enough SkyMile points for this), and can I just say, why don't we all do this more often?

We arrived in New York around 6 a.m., but didn't get to Ryan's brother's place until about 8:30 a.m. Our luggage took forever, then Ryan and I took the train and subway to the city. While it took a little longer than a cab, it was much cheaper and pretty easy. We arrived at Trevor's exhausted and made our first of many treks up the 5 flights of very steep stairs to Trevor's apartment.

After showering and relaxing for a little bit, we headed over to Soho for a little shopping - Ryan's favorite. For dinner we headed to Hill Country, a Southern BBQ joint... because what says New York better than Southern BBQ?Day 2: Late Saturday night, Ryan's parents, Camille and Adam arrived in New York. So on Sunday we met up with them to attend Trevor's ward. While there I saw my best news buddy from BYU, Marie Davies. It was so great to run in to her. She's a busy lawyer in training and I was so happy I got a chance to catch up with her. After church we ate at EAT then headed to Central Park to a little exploration. It was pretty humid with scattered showers throughout the week, so you'll notice that the hair is a little frizzy and we look a little uncomfortable in many of the pictures to come.


Ryan and Trevor at Bethesda Terrace

A little Central Park entertainment. Looks like they were trying to tame a snake... but there was no snake.Ryan in front of The Dakota - this is where John Lennon was shot and killed.


Day 3: Monday morning we TRIED going over to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty but had no success. There was a super long line to get tickets and then another outrageous line to get on to a ferry. With the heat and humidity, there was no way we were just gonna sit outside for three hours. So, we scratched that plan and headed over to Ground Zero and Wall Street.

The New York Stock Exchange

After Ryan and I toured around there for a while, we met up with his dad and Adam and took a tour of the UN - which was actually pretty cool.One of the main assembly halls.More to come...

No comments: