Since August, my childhood friend Beth has been touring the country with the Broadway show, The Drowsy Chaperone. This month the show was in LA and on Saturday my dad, Trevor, Ryan and I finally got to go see it and have an afternoon reunion with Beth and her fiance, Brian.
~
A little back story to our friendship - Beth and I have known each other since we were 3. Our families lived in the same neighborhood in Pittsburgh, PA. Around the age of 7, both our families moved - she went to Baltimore and I went to Los Angeles. Since then, and throughout elementary school, middle school and some of high school, we took turns flying out to see each other every summer. I love that we've remained close friends throughout all these years. It was so great to see Beth this weekend and catch up on her wedding planning and my baby planning.
When we were younger, we used to wear matching outfits and pretend we were twins. Really, what were we thinking? I was probably 6 inches taller than her at the time, I have blond straight hair and she has brown curly hair... oh - and we look nothing alike. Did we really think we were fooling people?
~
After the show, Beth took us backstage for a quick tour. She's working as the tour manager and basically makes sure everyone survives during the year-long roadtrip.

This is Brian and Beth on set - Brian works lighting for the show.
The boys
When we were walking back from lunch we walked by this huge water fountain near the theater. My dad bet Trevor $20 that he couldn't run through the water before it shot up again. The water pattern was really sporadic and none of us thought he was going to make it. This is Ryan coaching Trevor before he made his run. As you can see, if Trevor didn't time it right, he would have gotten soaked.

When we were walking back from lunch we walked by this huge water fountain near the theater. My dad bet Trevor $20 that he couldn't run through the water before it shot up again. The water pattern was really sporadic and none of us thought he was going to make it. This is Ryan coaching Trevor before he made his run. As you can see, if Trevor didn't time it right, he would have gotten soaked.
And that's Trevor in the distance - he actually made it and got his $20.
While we were waiting for Trevor to make his run, we decided to take my first pregnant belly picture. I'm currently 2 days away from my 18 week mark.

I find out the gender a week from Friday. I can't wait!

2 comments:
You look great! You don't even have a belly yet. I can't wait to hear what you are having...my bet is a girl!
That is just awesome. Way to go Trevor. $20 dollars For The Win!
Post a Comment