July 18, 2008

Girls' Night, SYTYCD, Doctor Appointment and Cafe Rio

I'm sure you're looking at that title and cocking your head slightly wondering if you read that last part right... yes you did, it does say Cafe Rio - but we'll come back to that.

First, we'll start with girls' night. This month we decided to check out Julia's new place in Hollywood - so cute! Harper and Jen couldn't make it, so it was just four of us -Mandy, Kirsten, Julia and me. Since it was such a nice evening, we decided to order in and sit out on the patio. We settled on a Mexican restaurant around the corner that has some awesome carne asada tacos - which we all got.

Kirsten, Mandy, and Julia deciding what to get.


These are the huge tubs of salsa they gave us. I'm pretty sure we told them we only needed enough for 4 people, but apparently they heard 40. And that's me eating a chip... since you can't see the chip, it looks a little strange.
After dinner, we decided to take a walk down memory lane. Kirsten is working on some scrapbooking and brought up her scrapbook of our senior year in high school. We had some great times! The picture below is from a trip our group of friends took after we graduated. We drove from LA to Jackson Hole, Wyoming where Harper's family has a cabin. It was a great roadtrip and one I will never forget. During our time in Jackson Hole, we found this little touristy photo place that we couldn't resist taking part in. When we saw the saloon girls costumes, we couldn't resist. Top row left to right - Veronica, Jen, Jessica, and me. Bottom row left to right - Harper, Becky, Mandy and Kirsten.


To continue the walk down memory lane, Kirsten introduced us to the Agoura High School class of 2001 Facebook page (something we detest and swear not to post our pictures on), we just went on to get a good laugh (haha - we're so mean). But seriously, the pictures people have posted are way random and make it look as if these people are just saying, "look at me now, I'm so awesome." It's just kind of cheesy.

Girls' nights are so fun. I miss having them with my Utah girls!

Second topic of discussion - So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD). After girls' night I stayed up to watch the results show of SYTYCD. I was really disappointed to see Kherington go. While she's kind of lost a little energy lately, I think she is a terrific dancer and needed another chance. Comfort seems like a nice girl, but I don't enjoy watching her dance and wish she would have been let go first. And let's hope next week's performance show is better than this past week - which totally sucked with the exception of 2-3 dances.

Third topic - today's doctor appointment. I have a terrible feeling that I've got a problem child on my hands. For the second visit in a row the doctor has had a hard time finding the baby's heartbeat - not because anything is wrong, thankfully. I truly think the baby is playing hide and go seek. I can just see him/her in there swimming around getting a great laugh out of knowing that I am freaking out. It wasn't until the doctor got a second machine to listen with that we finally heard the heartbeat (which sounded great).

Alright, now to the really important topic - Cafe Rio. This week I have been craving Cafe Rio like crazy, so much so that I'm considering opening up one out here just for the duration of my pregnancy so that I can get the food whenever I want. Well, I'm going to Utah next weekend for Ryan's family reunion and figured that I'll just have to wait till then to get my fix. Yesterday I was mentioning this to my dad, who was in Las Vegas at the time for work, and he's like, "why don't I just bring some home for you." Noway! You can do that?!?! So last night, just after Cafe Rio closed, my dad pulls up and starts knocking on the door. They of course tell him that they're closed, but being the superdad that my dad is, he proceeds to say, "you don't understand - my daughter is pregnant and she NEEDS your food." (A slight exaggeration, but it worked nonetheless) The guys must have been softies because they let my dad in and put each ingredient in a different container so that my dad could bring it on the plane for me to have for lunch today. Seriously, I have the best dad in the world - and here's the proof...


Thanks dad for making your daughter and grandbaby very happy campers today! You da' man!

5 comments:

Kristine Elaine said...

Tell your Dad a sad depressed Kristi in Virginia is craving Cafe Rio also. Thanks!

steph said...

Your dad must LOVE you. That's a pretty awesome thing to do. Glad the baby is doing mischievously well.

The Evers Family said...

When are you going to be in UT? I'll probably just miss you. I'm going there the following weekend. I will be frequenting Cafe Rio numerous times during that visit though.

Jason and Tawni said...

Court,
So many things to say ...

1. GNOs rock but don't forget about your original posse out here in Utah. I like Mandy and Harper enough but you better remember where your GNOs started (jk)

2. What the hell is Comfort still doing on the show? Not only did they bring her back on because of Jessica but she made it through the elimination round and Kherington left? That is so messed up.

3. I am glad that you are aware that your child is going to be a wild one. It was good to talk to you the other day about it though.

4. Your dad rocks and although he might have stretched the truth a tiny bit, it got you Cafe Rio for lunch so who cares?

And lastly, you are coming to UTAH????? What part will you be in and from when to when? Not that I just have money just floating around from being unemployed but I would still like to know the dates.

Love your face!

Kacey Nielsen said...

That is maybe the nicest thing I have ever heard!

By the way, totally agree. It should have been Comfort... and it should have been Mark! America blew it... I guess I shouldn't complain since I don't vote!