This past week my mom and Kenzie were in town. I didn't get a ton of time with my mom because I had to work, but thankfully she is moving back to LA and I'll have LOTS more time with her come September. I did get some time in with Kenzie - again, not as much as I would have liked, but she's coming back in a couple weeks so we'll have some more time then. Every time I see Kenzie I'm just so amazed at how much she's growing up. Being 10 years apart, it's been such a trip to see her grow up. She's going in to her sophomore year this fall and will be 16 (and DRIVING) in February. Insane! I'm so proud of her and all that she has accomplished. Since I was forgetful this weekend in taking pictures, I grabbed this one of her facebook page. This picture is from this past year when she was playing tennis for Alta High School - she's tennis all-star. She'll probably hate me posting this picture, but I love it! She's such a beautiful girl.

Ok, now that I've bragged forever about Kenzie - on to the rest of the weekend. Ryan was up in San Francisco again for another case team dinner. This time they ate at Michael Mina http://www.michaelmina.net/, another way over-priced, fancy restaurant. After the experience Ryan had at The French Laundry (see the post from June), nothing will ever quite compare, including Michael Mina. Dinner was about $100/person and the food was just "ok," according to Ryan. I knew that going to The French Laundry first would make him a snobby foody for the rest of his life... and I was right :)
~
On Saturday Ryan and I checked out our new apartment. The landlord wanted us to inspect it now that the old tenants are out and the place has been cleaned. We're so excited to move in to this new place. Our leases overlap a little, so I'm going to start moving some of our things over little by little, and then we'll do all the big stuff August 2nd. The Young Women are also coming over next week to help me move some of the small things. I'll definitely play the pregnancy card and have them move all the heavy stuff.

1 comment:
Kenzie is a total doll- great picture for the blog. All my daughters are cute, beautiful and very funny.
a proud dad
Post a Comment