June 25, 2014

Somebody Famous

About a month ago, Westin, Avery and I were at the park with some friends. While there, a local newspaper photographer snapped their picture while they checked out another boy's cell phone game. A few days later, they were featured on half a page in the Contra Costa Times. 

When Westin saw his picture he was in utter amazement. He couldn't believe he was in the newspaper. Seriously, he said, "I can't believe I'm in the newspaper! I've never been in the newspaper before!"... Over and over again. At one point later that day Avery was crying about something. Westin turned to me and said, "mom, she's probably crying because she's not in the newspaper." 

I love how excited he was about this. We still have it up in the kitchen. Might stay there for a while... or at least until the next newspaper clipping of Westin. 

No comments: