Earlier in the day, in a rush to get ready, I wrapped a scarf around my wet hair, quickly did some makeup and was hurrying to get out the door with the kids to meet some friends at the park. As I was walking out of my room, Westin said to me, "Mom, you look really beautiful. Your scarf looks beautiful and your shirt looks beautiful." What a sweetie! Right?
I had to laugh when a little later in the day, when W wanted a Fanta at the drive-thru and I was teetering on the decision, he said, "but mom, remember how earlier today I told you that you looked beautiful? That was really nice, huh?" Ha! This kid makes me laugh. Smart kid.
And for a second time today, I got another unexpected compliment from Westin. I had just gotten ready for a date with Ryan when Westin said, "is that what you're wearing for your date?" I said, yes and Westin followed with, "well you look really adorable! I know I don't say that a lot, but you look really good, mom."
Twice in one day! I'm a lucky momma!

No comments:
Post a Comment