Last week I took Westin to the zoo in Zurich. I love that pretty much everything is free for him - transportation, gondola rides, the zoo... it's been very helpful for the pocketbook since everything for Ryan and me is rather pricey. Anyway, after a day stuck inside on Wednesday due to rain, W and I both needed to get out and do something fun the next day. We had nice weather and a great time at the zoo.
Our favorites where these small monkeys - they chased each other around their cage and were very entertaining for both W and me to watch.
Unfortunately, the day didn't end as well as it started. After the zoo, we went around to a few shops near the train station before we headed back to Zug. While I was in one of the stores, my wallet was stolen from my purse (which was hanging on the stroller - won't be doing that any more). I turned my back for a little too long, I guess, and when I checked for something in my purse shortly after, it was gone. I was rather distraught... to say the least. A nice employee at the store let me call Ryan to have him start cancelling our cards, and then she walked me over to the police station to file a report (not that it was going to help get my wallet back - but I did need to figure out a way to get back to Zug since my train ticket was in my wallet, so the police officer gave me a signed paper to show the train conductor on the ride home - and I made it back). My guess, and hope, is that the person who stole my wallet was a teenage girl (I was in H&M), and when she saw it was all US cards and ID, I'm hoping she took the cash and decided not to do much else with the rest. So that was a HUGE bummer and a horrible way to be ending our time here. At least I have my passport and all my new cards should be at my dad's awaiting my arrival.
We're actually packing up today and head home tomorrow (Westin and me, that is). Ryan is here another two weeks - which is probably the longest time we've been apart from him. Not excited about that, but I'm ready to get home :)










1 comment:
that seriously sucks so bad that your wallet was stollen. i hate that.
but on a better note, I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU GUYS TO GET BACK!! isaac has been asking where westin is every day for the past week... i'm not sure where its coming from... but it makes me miss you guys even more!
Post a Comment