September 16, 2012

Aunt Kenzie Comes to Visit

This past Tuesday my sister Kenzie and two of her friends came to visit us. The timing worked out perfect with the start of their semester abroad in London. They came a few days early, and then took the train to Paris on Saturday. The London center is under renovation for another month, so lucky them, they get to hang out in Paris, Amsterdam and Brussels until then!

Westin and I met them at the train station in Zug, and then walked them back to our apartment so they could get settled in, eat some coconut banana bread (such a good recipe - try it here), and rest a little bit before we toured our little town.

Kenzie, Lily and Taylor

On Wednesday, Westin had a fever and it was raining, so we decided to stay home while the girls went off to Zurich. We walked them to the train station in Baar and got them on their way.

With Westin's fever gone by Thursday, we were able to take the girls to Luzern.

I think Westin developed a little crush on Lily. At one point while we were walking, he stopped all of us and said, "Kenzie, you're with Taylor. Lily, you're with me."

Love my sister!

It's wouldn't be a trip to Switzerland without trying on some authentic Swiss outfits

Filling up her water bottle with the fresh water from the city fountains (this is something I'm going to miss - fresh drinking water is abundant everywhere and it's so good).

My cutie!

On Friday the girls ventured off to Interlaken on their own, where Taylor and Lily went bungee jumping (crazy girls). They loved it and I'm glad they had a chance to see a different part of Switzerland while they were here. They got back late Friday night, just in time to tell me all about the day's adventures before we all crashed in preparation for our early morning wake up calls the next day. Ryan, Westin and I finally rented a car and drove to Germany to meet some friends, and the girls were off to Paris. I can't wait to hear about Kenzie's travels abroad. She's going to love it and I'm going to be green with envy. I'm going to miss all our weekend trips exploring Europe... it's been amazing. And I can't believe it, but the countdown to our return has begun - 9 days! 

And more about our travels to Interlaken and Germany with our college friends to come...

No comments: