Westin was one of three babies being blessed on Sunday (we have a huge baby boom in our ward right now). Our ward was packed with families, but I think Westin had the biggest crowd. The guest list included:
My mom and Torsten
My dad and Loni
Ryan's mom and dad
Ryan's brother, Trevor
My brothers, Chris and Trevor and my sister, Kenzie
My aunt Kathy (Carlston) and her husband, Jarel
My cousins Corbin, Zack and Jeremy (Kathy's sons), along with Zack's wife April and their daughter Taryn, and Jeremy's wife, Chandra and their daughters Shayla and Josie
My aunt Sue (Carlston) and her daughter Jenna
My uncle Greg (Carlston) and his wife Mary
My cousin Camber (Greg's daughter) and her four kids
Our friends BreAnne and Trevor
and of course, Westin's other aunt, Mandy
Yes, quite the fan club. And before I go on, a quick thank you to everyone who flew in from out of state for the occasion. We so appreciate your love and support. We are beyond blessed to have such amazing family and friends.
Ryan gave Westin a truly inspired blessing. I think I was in tears before he even got through blessing Westin with a name. Thank you bebe for being such an amazing father. Westin is so lucky to have you as an example. My mom was totally on top of things and took notes for me, so I'll have some record of exactly what Ryan said to include in Westin's baby book.
The proud parents
After sacrament meeting, we had our parents and siblings over for a light lunch. I wish I could have had the entire group to our place, but we are so limited in space, it just wasn't possible. (Instead, my awesome cousin Camber hosted a lunch on Saturday so I could spend some time with my extended family - this is posted below the blessing pics).The spread
The man of the hourI have so many more pictures from the blessing, but thought I better save those for the scrapbook.
So as I mentioned above, because I couldn't have everyone over on Sunday after the blessing, my sweet cousin Camber was generous enough to invite everyone down to her beach house in San Clemente for lunch on Saturday. Westin and I headed down Saturday mid-morning. It's about an hour drive to her place and Westin slept the whole way (yay!). It was really fun to spend some time with my aunts, uncles and cousins.
My cousin Zack, Westin, Zack's daughter Taryn, my cousin Jeremy and his daughter Shayla
My cousin Camber and her daughter Kelsi
My cousin Corbin, my aunt Kathy and my aunt MaryI also just have to note how great Westin was through all the commotion of the weekend. He was such a trooper. He was so good as everyone passed him around on Saturday and Sunday, and then the second everyone left on Sunday, he totally passed out (he slept for two hours, ate, and then slept for another four hours).



7 comments:
Baby blessings are just the greatest. What a spiritual moment!
So, to me he looks like you courtney. Is there a consensus on the subject?
What a dang good looking family!!! Your lil man is soo cute! And I'm lovin your hair girly. You look amazing. I was gonna come to cali this weekend, but the boys are sick so just Greg is going. I'm sooooo bummed. I can't wait to meet Mr. Westin.
Great Stuff.
Congrats girlie, sounds like it went off perfectly! Everything is going great here.... pretty soon I am going to have to post a blog about the amazing weather we have had. It was 60 today, yay! And of course you know in Utah that is warm. Well hope all is well and let Ryan and Westin know we say hi!
Awww he is so cute. How great that you had such a fan club in the audience! I bet it's awesome to have all of that support so close. Luck you.
And you still look amazing.
Ughhh, my heart is breaking because we were supposed to be there and we weren't! So sad. But the great news is that your little Westin looks so dang cute, and you my dear are looking quite hot these days. Love your hair and your outfit. It looks like you guys had a great day as a family and I am so happy that the blessing went well. It is so neat to hear your husband give that blessing to your baby huh? I started crying right when Jason said the first word! Congratulations, I love you guys!
(PS If you guys are coming to Vegas anytime soon, let us know, Jason is ready to go down there and play with you guys!)
Ahhh! The little guy is so adorable!! Loooooove his outfit...
Post a Comment