Sorry, no pictures in this post...
This week marked my first week back to work... well, sort of. I'm not returning to SmithGeiger (a media research and consulting firm) full-time or even part-time. I've decided that the best situation for me (and Westin) is for me to do freelance work for them. I'm basically doing the same work I did when I was with them full-time (moderating focus groups), but now I don't have to go in to the office and I can pick and choose which projects I want to work on.
Last night (Wednesday the 28th) was the first set of groups back for me. This project worked out perfectly because the location for the groups was here in Santa Monica and it was only one night - so no traveling just yet. My mom babysat Westin for the afternoon until Ryan was able to take over for part of the evening. Apparently Westin was wide awake 90% of the time I was gone (sorry mom), but then he slept for FIVE hours after I got home and fed him (lucky me).
Everything went really well with my groups and I may have another night of work again next week. It's a nice little gig to have, especially because it's so flexible. And it really only works because we have family all around who can help watch Westin.
That's it for now... I'll try to get some pictures this weekend because I know people like my brother Chris only care about seeing pictures of Westin :)
January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is so great that you are able to do the freelance thing, not everyone is able to just modify their current job. Way to go Court, you are wonder woman! Isn't is wonderful having family nearby? There is nothing like it and I seriously couldn't do it without my mom and dad. I hope work continues to go good, you are amazing!
Post a Comment